• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel - "Cuban Blend"

LedZep

Good Evening Fellow BOTL's..

This was a Rocky Patel - "Cuban Blend" . Maduro Wrapper, Robusto size ( 5x50ish)
Unfortunately, I can NOT actually compare it or any other of my sticks to a real Cuban Cigar, It may taste exactly like one. Dunno. (yet) LOL...

These sticks usually sell for about $5 each, I dont remember what I paid, I think about $3-4.. Probably bought a 5 pack on sale because I have a few more in my box.
They will be enjoyed in the near future.

gallery_10867_1257_13674.jpg

1) Construction - Very Nicely built, I must say, Most RP stick I have smoked are all well built, I really have not had a problem with any RP sticks construction wise.. Maybe just a run of good luck, or maybe he just builds nice cigars...
As you can see, it had a very shiny, oily wrapper with a some very small veins .. It felt leathery in my hand. Nice feel and heft to it.

This cigar smelled great out of the wrap.. A sweet tobacco and dark earthy scent to it, It smelled sort of clean and sweet.

I cut just the cap off and toasted the foot.
It lit very easily and evenly , needed no touch-ups and drew very easily and smooth throughout the smoking of it.

2) The Taste-

1/3rd - Very tasty. A bit of spice and pepper about 1 inch in. Some earth and cocoa waste tasted via the nose. Very Nice.. Full and creamy.
It produced a Dense smoke and alot of it.
( Pictured, along with my 5 o'clock shadow and greying scruff..)
FYI- The Queen came down to inform me what was going to be for dinner, so I solicited her help as a nice jesture in what she then termed as me "Wasting my Time" ..
" Umm, Mrs.V. .. That's what this is about.. wasting my time with a tasty cigar while I wait for you to cook my dinner..I hope IT tastes as good this does. Thank you.. Close the cave door on your way out please."
She is a great cook. BTW, LOL. so She gets to stay for now...

2/3rd - More spicy thru the nose, But I liked it. Rich and Earthy, maybe a little dark roasted coffee too. It coated my mouth with a delicious flavor, I was drinking water and wished I was drinking coffee., still VERY Smooth.
I felt the nicotine a little bit. Very cool little hum going as I enter the last third.

3/3rd - Still tasting great and a touch of something like licorice or anise I started to taste. Not bitter at all. dark Toasted Almond maybe..

The Nub - I smoked it until it too hot to deal with. It produced a little hot smoke at this point, I might have kept it cooler if I left more ash on.

3) The Ash -
Well organized with alternating grey and white strips. Sturdy ash, I was reaching for my camera and It hit the floor at about the 2 inch mark. It didn't break apart on impact.

Rating / Opinion-
I would rate this particular cigar as " Excellent " . It was on par with the other RP's I have smoked. If you like " The Edge" or the "MM" Torps.. This reminded a bit of those, But more complex.. Yet Equally as if not more tasty in its own way.

I am looking forward to smoking another one of these.

This cigar also has a large quantity of "Ligero" tobacco in the filler,
I am really liking Ligero tobacco fillers with the Maduro wraps.. I REALLY enjoyed the Arganese M3 I smoked last night... alot of Ligero in that as well.
As I consider other purchases, I will try to educate myself more on the filler and binder tobacco used and really try to note the tastes I experience with the varying combinations..

I would and will buy more of these, especially if I see a sale..

These are a nice member of the RP line, I don't know if you can get them everywhere, as I read they are an exclusive to one shop.. Dunno if that is 100% true, But worth the purchase IMO.

As always, I really welcome your feedback, opinions and comments.

Thanks for reading :thumbs:

Led

I liked your pics. This is yet another RP that I have yet to try but have been curious about. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review!