• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Decade

TugBoat

Reaction score
I just saw Turk10mm review of a Decade from Rocky here and I started to comment on it. I realized I had started my own review so I though I would make my own post.

I just had one of Rocky Patels new Decade cigars on Wed. I don't know the name of the size but it was something along the lines of a lonsdale.

My experience was very similar to Turk10mm's but my opinion on the flavor was very different.

I noticed the excellent construction, not the best I've seen but you can tell Rocky had only his best rollers working on this cigar. And wrapper was flawless and the burn was razor sharp. It took only seconds to light and it stayed lit the entire time.

It as a very medium bodied smoke and at first I thought it was just ok, it was definitely not as strong as the other smokes I've had from Rocky. I then started exhaling the smoke through my nose and bam the flavors hit me. I can't really place them but there was a huge change when I pushed the smoke out through my nose. I really started to pick up the subtle flavors that set this cigar apart.

If your looking for a flavor bomb this cigar isn't for you, but if you want to look for the subtle little flavors this is one worth trying.

I'm not a huge fan of Rocky's, I think his 90's are ok and I do keep some edge on hand, but none of them are regular smokes for me. I may have to get a box of this new release though.

Thanks for the review. I was wondering about these this morning when I got an email special from a vendor. Don't think they are up my alley but I do enjoy the edge and I loved the RP sungrown from last year with the light wrapper. The sungrowns I had last year with that light wrapper were some of the best smokes I've had.

Thanks for the review and information. I will see if I can get a couple. :thumbs: