• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Double Maduro

Nicklor

Teh Beer N' Gar Connoisseur ...
So I'm sitting here thumbing through my current CI Catalog, and something caught my eye -

Rocky Patel Double Maduro

Two lush maduros, fused into one fantastic smoke.

Launched at the tail end of 2006, RP Fusion quickly climbed the charts, nipping at the ankles of Rocky’s own RP Vintage series. What mountain to climb next? He soon set his sights on creating a uniquely flavorful handmade by utilizing two wrapper-quality leaves for extra richness. The result is remarkable.

Handmade in Nicaragua, the two wrappers on the RP Double Maduro are Broadleaf Maduro. One serves as the wrapper, the other as binder. Typically the binder is a coarse, purely functional leaf, but the RP Double Maduro’s binder is truly wrapper-quality. Visually, the cigar is a beauty - offering a dark, oily, toothy appearance. Its well-aged blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan long-leaf ligeros awaits beneath. The result is a rich, chocolatey smoke with deep notes of toast and espresso, with a long-lasting, spicy sweetness on the finish. Indeed, it’s quite complex with a soothing, medium to full-bodied character.

Oh GOD *drools* ... they sound so good ... and unbelievable, hands down ... they had me at first glance ... but the "dark, toothy appearance" was the clincher ...

I'm a big fan of the Vintage 90' and '92, but has anyone here smoked one of these? I'm very interested in actually finding out if this is a worthwhile smoke.

Thank you for any inquiries ....

My buddy and I tried one. He hated his. I liked mine enough to buy a box. Go figure. They're a bit stronger than the Vintage '90 and '92. Pop over to Tobacco Village and bug Keystone-Raider for one.