• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Old World Reserve

nascarfan

This is my first review on this site so please be gentle. Today I was at my B+M and saw that he had some Rocky Patel OWR, so I bought a robusto. Normally I smoke a cigar strait out of the store (I like to let new cigars sit in my humidor for several months)but today I couldn't help my self.

This cigar had a nice dark milk chocolate look. It had some viens, but not a lot. Also a real good constructed feel to it.

After toasting the foot and lighting I finally got to taste it. This cigar smoked cleanly, smoothly, and without any harshness threw the whole cigar. I'm not an expert all those flavors that people detect in there smokes, But this one tasted pretty good. One of the few disappoitments about this one was the ash. Every so often the outside of the ash would flake off, so I had to keep on top of it.

This cigar cost me $10.00 and change. Overall a cigar like this is worth it to me if it tastes plesent and has no harshness. I'd buy it again.
6.5 to 7 stars out of 10.

Good job on your first review. I'm quite partial to the OWR, both the maddie and the corojo (prefer the maddie though, which it sounds like you had). Overall I think it's a solid smoke at a fair price. :thumbs:

I picked up one the other day. It's resting for a while though. Nice review! :thumbs:

Cx2

Yep I had one the other day and it was yummy! Very similar to the #9 Maduro! :D

I just picked up two of these, a corojo and a maduro, looking for something different and the tobacconist suggested them. Looking forward to trying them . Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

Sounds like you had the maddie, I'ma bit more partial to the corojo I think, but I like both a lot. Definitely my favorite RP product.

I'm still trying to find these in my area.
Holt's had them in their latest catalog.... :cool:

I was gifted one of these by a generous BOTL some time back but haven't gotten to it yet. Sounds interesting....

Thanks for the good review - B.B.S.

Nice review!

The maduro is pretty good, but a little over-priced imo. I would take a '26 or '64 over it any day.

I smoked the maddie the other night and thought I was in heaven. Very smooth cigar with a very strong flavor. Tasman suggested I try the corojo so I bought one and another maddie, and a SG, and got a free edge maddie.

I had one of these last night and wasn't impressed. I remember the one I had a while ago being much better. This was the third cigar of the night and we were working on emptying bottles of scotch, so maybe that had something to do with it. The flavor just wasn't there. It tasted bitter and had a messed up burn.

Maybe the corojo is better...

---John Holmes...

I just picked up a corojo at a not so local b&m. I will let it rest for about 6 months or so.......when the time comes I would like to give review.

I bought a box of the robusto maduro about two or three weeks ago... I have smoked two of them so far and they both were excellent. I definitely agree that they are reminiscent of the 1926 maddy... Good and solid from start to finish...

The RP OWR Maddy I had was also flaky. I found the taste flavorless. A huge disappointment for me considering its price...

I was impressed by this cigar. It was medium-full bodied, with notes of cocoa, coffee, slight spice. This was a good cigar and I would definently buy this again. One of my favorite rp cigars.

Back