• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve

ffopusxff

Cohiba Siglo III's MMMMM
Just went to the local shop and they just recieved these. Bought 2 of them and going to let them sit a week before smoking one. Anybody try these yet? :cool:

Awesome stuff! We got them Monday. Doesn't taste like any other RP! Real straight forward to begin with then it changes. It takes on notes of a PAM. The last third of the cigar picks up some serious strengh! :thumbs:

Looking forward to trying these once again. I cant imagine where I had them :whistling: before they was released. i sure hope they are better than the "Square". :D

Awesome stuff! We got them Monday. Doesn't taste like any other RP! Real straight forward to begin with then it changes. It takes on notes of a PAM. The last third of the cigar picks up some serious strengh! :thumbs:
I can hear the cigar spin now:

Been compared to PAM! Tastes like PAM!
Better than PAM! Rated higher than PAM!

Pam who? :whistling:

:angry: Alright did not wait. Lit it up and it smelled like a Philly Blunt. Smelled like a chocolate brownie, but the first puffs had no taste. After about 5 minutes a little spice came through but nothing to write home about. A little earthyness and grass flavor came to mind but they were faint. Very bland and flavorless. the only way this is like a PAM is the price. For 13.50 I will take 3 Hemi SS. I will donate the other I have to my friend who smokes Philly's.

Sounds like they need a few months humi time,maybe longer.

Do not write them off yet................but,I do feel for the prices of these,ya shouldnt have to rest these for 6months to a year to bring out the flavors.
Just another "hurry up n roll it so we can market these" cigars.

Do not write them off yet................but,I do feel for the prices of these,ya shouldnt have to rest these for 6months to a year to bring out the flavors.

Why do you feel that way? just cuz the price is high? Hell, lets face it. Alot of ISOM's cost this much and we rest them for years to bring out the goodness of them so why shouldnt that apply to ALL cigars? I will try one since I've had the Old World Reserve before they was released to the market. Long story...So I'm looking forward to trying these and see what I think of them. If Smoky liked them, its a very good chance I will enjoy them. Even if we dont see eye to eye on strengths of cigars. :D

Smoked one at Jack's the other day. Very tasty. Are you going to leave the end wrapper on?

Wow, some pretty opposite positions on this cigar.
Anybody else give these a try yet?
Im a RP fan, everything Ive tried turned out great for me.
First time hearing of this line, just curious of what other people thought.

Why do you feel that way? just cuz the price is high? Hell, lets face it. Alot of ISOM's cost this much and we rest them for years to bring out the goodness of them so why shouldnt that apply to ALL cigars? I will try one since I've had the Old World Reserve before they was released to the market. Long story...So I'm looking forward to trying these and see what I think of them. If Smoky liked them, its a very good chance I will enjoy them. Even if we dont see eye to eye on strengths of cigars. :D

Yes I understand,but I guess it boils down to what I smoke regularly on the higher priced end,VSG,Opus,Padron 64 and 26,Tatuaje',Davidoff,Greycliff...........to me,I am used to haveing paid lots for a cigar I want to smoke now and the above plus others always taste great out of the box and I am used to that.Guess thats how I based the assesment on these.I never smoked one so I cannot comment,maybe his green one was an odd one of the bunch,maybe not.

I know most to all cigars taste way better with age but my point was just from my experiances,a green tasteing cigar was picked and rolled and sold too early and sometimes time in the humi corrects this.I feel I only have had this problem with low end bundles,connies,laFloriditas,flor de olivas,etc etc and if a premium cigar has the same attributes as the low bundled ones,I think a fair price of no higher than $7-8 in order.

Again just my opinion.

As for isom's yeah,they taste great with age but I never had one taste green,ever.

Should be grabbing a 5r from Gabriel in each size soon,I will report back here my findings.Looking foward to these alot. :p :D :thumbs:

I grabbed a few from jacks, They look a little wet imo so im going to let them sit for a month or so.

I've had 2 so far, and I think I've found a new favourite.

I'm not sure what size I smoked, but it's equivalent to the guage and length of a 1926 no. 9. Each stick was about $11.50 at my local.

The wrapper is dark and oily (thing of beauty). There's a brown wrapper at the foot of the cigar that I was told to keep on while smoking it (I don't think this affected the taste). RP is embossed in black on the wrapper, and it leaves a watermark on the ash as it burns (looks quite cool).

Draw was perfect on both cigars. Voluminous white smoke from start to finish. Flavour profile was consistent for both cigars, again for the entire smoke. I agree that the taste was quite similar to a PAM, though not as sweet.

I just smoked a Torp. I liked it, I will continue to smoke them to form an educated opinion about them. Didnt knock my socks off but it was very well constructed, burned well, long ash, more on flavors later :)

DO NOT
REPEAT
DO NOT SMOKE THE WRAPPER ON THE END OF THIS CIGAR
IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE SMOKED

I like the OWR, its strong and tasty :cool:

DO NOT
REPEAT

Are you sure? It's hard to take it off, and it's quite pleasant to smoke the whole thing. Give it a try. I've smoked 3 now with the wrapper on, and they were all good. Not sure if it affects the taste, because I haven't smoked one without the wrapper. Perhaps we have a new cello on/cello off, band on/off quagmire.

DO NOT
REPEAT

Are you sure? It's hard to take it off, and it's quite pleasant to smoke the whole thing. Give it a try. I've smoked 3 now with the wrapper on, and they were all good. Not sure if it affects the taste, because I haven't smoked one without the wrapper. Perhaps we have a new cello on/cello off, band on/off quagmire.

Yeah I'm pretty sure. When I was shown this cigar in Hunduras by Rocky at his factory in January he told us that the end wrapper was to be removed.His words and I quote"Please do not ruin the cigar by smoking that processed tobacco"

If you find it hard to remove, you will find that by giving a gentle twist and tug at the same time it will either slide off the end or crack enough to remove. :thumbs:

DO NOT
REPEAT

When I picked these up I was told to leave the wrapper on. However it has caused some confusion and they will be changing the way they are presented shortly. This will be one definite way to tell an OR of this cigar then.

Guys the end wrapper can be smoked. It is a homogenized wrapper normally used on machine made cigars. I have smoke two cigars, 1 with and 1 without and noticed no change in flavor of the cigars. Ultimately it is up to you, but you can smoke it if you choose to.