• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Reserve

PhatAsh

The Bionic Poster
As suggested by a buddy from the local shop I tried the Rocky Patel Reserve. I think it is called the reserve. Anyway the stick was box pressed and dark. I would say it looked like a Maduro but did not really smoke like one.

The experience was very good. Nice smoke, white ash, some what tight draw but not uncomfortable. The flavor was earthy with some mild hint of coffee but not to strong. Did not seem as sweet as most Maduros. I finished the first and immediately purchased 3 for the Humi. They do have sticks with lighter wrapers but I have not tried them yet. 2 of the 3 for the humi were lighter.

I hope you all try one of these!

I like the 1990 vinatage that RP has, picked up 3 to have with xmas dinner.
Very smooth a deffinate finger burner

I tried the 1992 Vintage Churchill... it was okay but nothing special or exceptional. I've heard from some local buddies who have tried both Vintages that the 1990 is a MUCH better smoke!

Hmmm... now that I think about it... my buddy kept the 1990 and gave me the 1992 to smoke! :0 :angry: ??? I think I'll put a Cohiba band on a Papayo for him! LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

I checked and the ones I have are the 1990 vintage.

Wade,
Sounds like your buddy is due a friendly Dog Rocket attack! :D

I just had my Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Torp, I'm not usually a peson who tastes subtle flavors in cigars, but on pre-light draw, I could taste lots of sweetness :)

However, I was unimpressed overall with the cigar, mild-to-medium (medium being a generous statement in my opinion), sweet- from the smoke to the wrapper, I got lots of sweetness.

Draw was fairly firm on mine, I didn't like that. :( I even cut a tiny bit more about half way through thinking that might help- it didnt.

Burn was even for the most part... my wife loved it! :) but I thought it was just too mild. I was even able to inhale the smoke without coughing or it attacking my throat! :lookup: like I said- mild. I've got a 1992 also, but I've also heard the 90's are better- so who knows how long that 1992 will sit there :p

I gave it a 6 of out 10.

:thumbs: Toaster