• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Seasonal Titles

SmokerB

Banned
Hey,

Recently I came across a Rocky Patel Autumn 2009 Edition and Ive never seen anything like it before so I purchased it...

Are they good smokes, I've never really heard any news about them.. What are your opinions? Im guessing they have one for each season. Smoked any of them?

Thanks,

B

Search is your friend!

And for Rocky Patel labels, do not buy without first searching for reviews. His previous season releases were horrible in my opinion.

Search is your friend!

And for Rocky Patel labels, do not buy without first searching for reviews. His previous season releases were horrible in my opinion.

Not all of them....the winter last year was his best one and is now a regular line (Patel Bros.). But this year will be the end of his seasonals. He won't be making anymore of them.

After having the first few, I didn't even try the winter. Probably a mistake on my side of things. Also, I have yet to try a Patel Bros. I tried a 1961 and it was indeed a step up from the mag cigars.

Any reason as to why he isn't doing the seasonals anymore?

After having the first few, I didn't even try the winter. Probably a mistake on my side of things. Also, I have yet to try a Patel Bros. I tried a 1961 and it was indeed a step up from the mag cigars.

Any reason as to why he isn't doing the seasonals anymore?

No idea. But if you haven't tried the Patel Bros., it's well worth trying.

My SS sent me some Patel Bros. robustos, I smoked one the other day and it really tastes good. Very medium bodied but kept me interested in it the whole time I smoked it.

I bought some from Isy a while ago and yes, the Patel Bros. are worth trying. I almost enjoy the 1961 more, but am finding that the PB is getting better with some time.

I am a sucker for RP's stuff.

ohh, well I forgot...On the seasonals, I enjoyed both the 08 and 09 summer as well as the 09 winter...but Have not had an 09 autumn. As much as I enjoy almost all of RP's cigars, I have not had a seasonal that I would consider buying large quantities.

Rocky Patel is kinda like the Sam Adams of the cigar world. :D

This guy really needs to slow it down a bit.

This guy really needs to slow it down a bit.

I agree! I think of the brand RP as another Gurkha, I don't even waste my $$ on it. I always like to say, it's not about quantity but quality. RP has a whole lot of crap IMO. It seems that everytime I recieve my CI catalog a new blend is added to the RP line. It's become an ongoing joke for my buddies and I.

Rocky does tend to put out a lot of stuff, but it tends to be the exlusive sticks he makes for the online and magazine retailers that tend to fall short. Personally, his B&M sticks are decent, but the only ones that have been standouts to me is the Vintage 1990 and the Decade. Nothing really stands out that much. Was never a fan of his seasonal blends.

Rocky does tend to put out a lot of stuff, but it tends to be the exlusive sticks he makes for the online and magazine retailers that tend to fall short. Personally, his B&M sticks are decent, but the only ones that have been standouts to me is the Vintage 1990 and the Decade. Nothing really stands out that much. Was never a fan of his seasonal blends.

Couldn't agree more David. He makes a ton of stuff for the CIs and the Famous' out there....most of it sucks. The American Market, Cuban Blend, Honduran Blend, Oceans, etc....These are all brands he makes for the catalog operations and in my opinion, the price reflects the quality. You can't really expect to get a quality bundle of 25 cigars for $40.

Met the RP National Sales Manager. He gave me a PB and a 1961 to try. By far the PB is one of his best. Loved it!

I tried one of the Patel Bros paired w/ some Johnnie Walker Black the other night and absolutely loved it. I will have to pick some more of these up down the road.

Search is your friend!

Not all of them....the winter last year was his best one and is now a regular line (Patel Bros.). But this year will be the end of his seasonals. He won't be making anymore of them.

Agreed. The winter blend rocked. Now I buy the Patel Brothers.