• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Signature Toro

Jeff B.

NWMSU Mafia Hitman
I'd like to begin this review with a disclaimer. I am a maduro fan through and through, and I could smoke nothing but dark, chocolaty maduro cigars for the rest of my life and be happy. The RP Signature in the following review is the opposite extreme of my tastes. It's a mild, light colored cigar, the kind I rarely, if ever smoke. I can't remember the last cigar I smoked with a connecticut wrapper before this. If this cigar is a good representation of some of the mild connecticut wrapped cigars out there, I may be expanding my horizons a bit. That said, on to the review. :thumbs:

I was in the mood for something a little different on this mild Mississippi evening, and I reached for this cigar out of my humidor in light of such a mood. It looks like an oddball in my stash, given my humidor is filled with mostly dark, oily maduros. Armed with a Coke and my torch, I headed to the porch.

Pre-Light
I clipped the cap and took a nice long draw and noticed it to be very loose, and containing a mild creamy flavor. Everything from my humidor has been smoking wonderful lately, with a nice loose draw just like this.

Light
Toasted the foot and took a few starting puffs to get it going and immediately noticed billows of opaque smoke coming from the cigar. Excellent! I was excited at this point and the word 'smooth' came to mind as silky smoke calmly floated away in the night air.

Flavors
The RP Signature was a very MILD cigar. Nothing too complex, or changing throughout. The flavor was very creamy and buttery. That's about all I can describe it as. While not complex, the flavor was excellent for such a mild cigar. Tasty to the palette, not bitter in any way.

Burn
The burn on this was excellent all the way through. Never got uneven, barely had to touch it up.

Consensus
Coming from someone who NEVER smokes mild cigars like this one, I'll be getting more of these. This was one of the most mild, easy-going smokes I've had in a long time. If you are a full bodied or maduro fan and stay away from these kinds of cigars like I do, I would implore you to give this one a try! :thumbs:

CI sells these, and there is a Lancero size I would love to try as well!

P1010042.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010053-1.jpg

The only downside was I didn't get to document with photos as much as I would have liked. I had a puppy at my feet wanting to eat mulch and sticks off the concrete. :)

RP makes some great and not so great cigars. I feel its hard to really keep quality control up and uniqueness high when you run so many lines. I have had a few upsets but glad you found a beauty. :)