• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Valedor Review

elderboy02

Date: 7/31/10

Cigar: Rocky Patel Valedor (5.5 x 50)

Cost: $12 but this was gifted to me by a member of AR15.com because he had some extras.

Drink: Water

This is a cigar made by Rocky Patel for the National Rifle Association (NRA) in 2010. I was excited to try this cigar because I am a Life Member of the NRA and appreciate everything they do for us gun owners. I don't know any other details about the cigar. If anyone knows anything about the cigar, let me know.

Appearance: This cigar comes in a glass tube. The wrapper is flawless. I am giving the appearance a 10/10 because of the NRA bands on it.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Pre-Light: The cigar smells great. The smell reminds me of sweet chocolate. The pre-light tasted like bitter chocolate.

Construction: Held an average ash. The draw was perfect. I did notice some construction problems as the wrapper started to crack which is strange because I store my cigars at 65% RH.

IMG_0580.jpg

Taste of the cigar: About 1" in the cigar tasted like bitter chocolate and I didn't care for it. After 1" the bitterness disappeared. It then tasted like coffee. About 3" in, it got very bitter and harsh. I put it out.

IMG_0579.jpg

Strength: This is a medium-full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar didn't do much for me except for maybe a couple inches. I wouldn't buy this cigar again, but I appreciate the opportunity to smoke it. I give this cigar a 4/10.

Shame it wasn't worth smoking it further than you did. Looked nice in the pics though.

Thanks for sharing the review elderboy. Looks like another example of a crappy RP cigar. Dont' get me wrong...there are a few great cigars he puts out, but by and far the bulk of his stuff is farily crappy IMHO. I think he could put out many more good cigars if he focused on that instead of marketing, but I understand the reality fo this business as well.