• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto

jstrat

So i just got finished smoking my first RP Vintage 1990 Robusto and I'm just curious, do these have a "flavored" tip? The whole time I was smoking it I could taste this annoying sweetness along the lines of a Bacarrat or a Hava-A-Tampa (yes, I smoked those in my youth :0 ). I looked on their website and it doesn't mention anything, but I swear I could taste it.

Anyway, don't think I'll be smoking one of these again, but I do have a 1992 Torpedo with about a year of age on it in my humi. We'll see how that one goes.

No sweetened tip that I am aware of. I REALLY like these cigars, bot the 90 and the 92...but to each his own.

no you must have had something on your pallate or merged a flavor or something. They do not have any flavor added to the tip.

Brandon

Hmmm ... Could be my B&M keeps them too close to the Acids. :sign:

I'll have to try another 1990. It sure was a good looking cigar. I'm looking forward to trying the 1992 as a comparison.

Just smoked one of those this weekend and they are fantastic...with no flavor added!

-Fetter

I think I know what you're saying. I've also noticed a sort of sweetness to the '92's, but nowhere as sweet as a Baccarat (feh!).

Jstrat, I spoke to the people at R.P. and they would like for me to send you a new stick to replace the bad one. Please P.M. me your addy and I will send you a new stick. Courtesy of R.P.

Al

Wow! Thanks puffstuff! And thanks to the folks at RP. PM on its way.

Yeah my last RP sungrown had a sugary sweet taste as well come to think of it :whistling: ;)

Nice move puffstuff! :thumbs:

puffstuff you are the man! Thanks for the replacement stick and the hitchikers! Nice touch! I will definitely enjoy them. You are indeed a BOTL!
:love:

Never noticed a sweetness taste to the RP 199* series, you sure they weren't up next to a CAO Moontrance? ;)

Maduro wrappers often have a natural sweetness.

That's all I notice with the RPs

Patel's vintage series are some of THE best cigars I have ever had. If you can, see if you can get a few in the 6x60 ring gauge. I am usually a petite corona kind of guy, but the blend on the 92 6x60 just does wonders for this cigar. I just ordered another box of Patel's as I never like to be low on them. I have never gave someone one of these and had them be unhappy with it.

Nick

One of my top 5 cigars.

edit to fix spelling.

I just bought one of these fellas today, and I am anxious to try it. I shall report if I come across any sweetness!