• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky's Coolerdor

gaspagoo

Genetics & Bad Decisions
As you can tell, I prefer to spend what extra money I have on cigars, not storage. Hey, it works great.

Since I know how to post pics now............
100_0902.jpg

100_0906.jpg

Oh, and here's my travel humidor. I hated to fork out the money but it was well worth it.......
100_0908.jpg

Looks perfect my man, I recognize all those sticks, but I don't think I've seen those new models of Xikar Travel Cases before. Where did you acquire it?

Sweet!

Couple of questions, as I am about to get a cooler:

Is that a 100qt?
How did you mount the cedar panels?

Thanks guys. That Xikar was a limited edition. I think I got the only one. Sorry.

Sweet!

Couple of questions, as I am about to get a cooler:

Is that a 100qt?
How did you mount the cedar panels?

That's a 54qt Igloo Marine & I used Titebond III to adhere the wood. First I roughed up the cooler, behind each panel, wih sandpaper. I wanted to give the glue something to bite into. After I glued the panels down, I sat a full paint can on each one for an hour to make sure there was full cantact between wood/cooler. I made this a few months ago,and it has maintained humidity wonderfully. I made sure to season it very well. As the glue dries, it seems to suck moisture from the panels. They bowed up a little bit, but after the seasoning, they layed flat. To season them, I wiped 'em down with distilled water, and then I sat a small container of distilled water on the middle shelf for a few days. I took the water out, put my humifiers and hygrometer in, when the humidity was spot on, I put my cigars in. It's slowly filling up!

Nice job.

Should do the job until it gets too small :)

Awesome travel humidor, one of a kind :)

I know you could just put you're cigars in a cooler with a humidifier and it would work just as good. I had allot of fun making this thing though.

Are you selling those travel humis- been looking everywhere for a see thru one!