• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rodriguez Arguelles y Ca

tolije

In the center of the band of my RyJ this appears. What is the significance? I am sure that I could probably find in online if I look hard enough, but I am being lazy today. Additionally, I figure that there are a great number of BOTLs that already know and can educate a newbie. Thanks in advance.

...you are being very lazy. First link from Google:

Romeo y Julieta Cuban Cigars

Developed in 1875 by Inocencio Alvarez and Mannin Garcia, this brand immediately showed its quality by winning gold medals in four universal expositions between 1885 and 1900. But it really took off after its acquisition in 1903 by Jose Rodriguez Fernandez, known as Pepin. Named for the lovers in William Shakespeare's tragedy of the same name (written circa 1596), the brand also is traditionally credited with the introduction of the Churchill shape in honour of the British statesman Winston Churchill (note the name of the factory shape for this size: the Julieta 2.). Fernandez promoted his brand with endless energy and at one time, his Rodriguez, Arguelles y Cia. factory produced upward of 2,000 different cigar bands, personalized for their very best customers. Fernandez died at age 88 in 1954, but his efforts survive him as his full-flavoured Romeo y Julieta brand is one of the most widely known and appreciated in the world today.

Thanks for the education and for not being too harsh on my laziness today.

I work on the software side computers. I have much respect for those that can make the machine itself work, especially design. I have worked with very few. My hats off to you.