• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rolled on Premises

vintageafficianado

Had anyone tried any of the cigars that are hand rolled on premises? This new shop is opening up and they are only going to have their own cigars that they will roll themselves right there at the shop. It sounds pretty cool, but who knows how they will taste. I saw a place like this in NYC but I didnt have time to go in and check it out. Just wondering if anyone else has tried em...

I go to a swapmeet in Vegas and there's this guy there that rolls his own. I've never tried one but I think I might this time around. I'm going next week so I'll post if I try one of his home rolled specials :D

The Corona Cigar Company on Sand Lake Rd here in Orlando has a full time roller every night after 7 PM and I'll tell ya all, outstanding ceegars.... :thumbs: :p :D :thumbs:

I live out in the sticks so I have no experience with this. Perdomo's fresh rolled cubans are fresh rolled as the name would sugest. The story they give is that they are fresh rolled but from aged tobaco's. This give a taste that is smoother then most fresh cigars because the tabaco is allready aged, but yet complex because the tabaco's have not married yet. I'm not sure where I read this, but its the story I'm going to go with. :D

On the other hand, there are some very highly respected ISOM's that are absolutly terrible without some time to age. My Monte No 2 I had recently was very rough and disapointing.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Hey, just try em and see. Yea that may work! :D Let us know how it was!!

I've been at functions where they have someone rolling cigars right in front of you and they always advise you to let them age and not smoke them immediately.

We have a tobacconist here in Connecticut who hired an expericnced roller right from Cuba. He sits there in the shop and rolls cigars and they let those age a while before they offer them for sale.

We used to have several Don Pablo Shops here (Las Vegas based)... a cigar shop that sold all the available brands but also sold their own house brand that was rolled in the shop. Their cigars weren't bad at all and the way they were advertised was hilarious. A big sign outside the shop read... Cuban Hand Made Cigars Sold Here! Of course... the cigar roller in the shop was Cuban.... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

I've done the Perdomo leaf rolled in my favorite shop too. Quite good!

here in the dfw area, we have a guy that's been rolling
since water(24 years in monte havana). everyone calls him "el mio". he has his
own shop in dallas and also goes to various shops for
rolling demonstrations which they sell the cigars afterwards.
coolest thing i've ever seen was at his shop. he rolled a
cigar baseball bat and ball! he said they could actually be smoked
if one were so inclined. after some age, his gars are GREAT.
a little rough if too green.

todd

Dawg,
Do you recall the name of the shop. I would really like to go see him.
BTW we are sort of neighbors, Arlington here.
Later
Jerry

cool!! the name of the shop is el mio cigars. web site is either elmio.com
or elmiocigars.com. the shop is on arapaho @plano rd. in richardson.

i just discovered Arlington Cigars on green oaks@ collins. very cool
place. you go there?

todd