• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Bully

TubalCain

This is my first attempt at a review. I enjoy reading this section of the board and I am hoping that by trying my hand at this I will get a better understanding of cigars and be able to enjoy them more. So without further ado the RyJ Bully.

These cigars are a 5" 50 ring gauge, with a Dominican blended long filler tobacco and have a Indonesian shade grown natural wrapper. The wrapper itself has a nice carmel brown color, however there were some small blue green spots located down by the cap. Not sure what these are but I have bought them at two different locations and all of them have had them in the same place.

The cigar has a nice tobacco smell to it and a pre-light draw provided no real taste with the exception of of maybe a very slight bit of pepper. My lighter of choice is a Ronson Jet light torch and after toasting the foot I was able to put the lighter away as there was no need to touch up this cigar. The burn is extremely even all the way to the end suggesting to me good construction.

The ash is predominately white with a small mixture of gray and holds to the cigar nicely. I ashed it only three times total and each time the cigar had a conical end showing the long filler was burning slightly slower than the binder as it should. These cigars have a nice draw to them, not too loose and not too tight and present no trouble while smoking.

Being totally new to the world of cigars I'm not sure about the taste profile however; to me the first third offers a slight bit of spice. Pepper comes to mind for me. I'm not good at being able to roll the smoke through my nose just yet but when I can get it to work that was what I thought of. The second third the spice was replaced by a more earthy taste maybe a wood taste but not unpleasant to me. I smoked this down past the band and during the last third I again got a slight impression of pepper.

If I had a storage system I would buy a bigger supply of these because I feel they make a good everyday smoke. The aroma of the smoke is very pleasant and should not offend those that don't smoke. I'm a slow smoker and this took me just over an hour to finish and I enjoyed thinking about it as I watched it burn.

These make a nice beginner cigar. I've got a few in one of my humidors, but it has been a couple of years since I've had one. I don't recall the paticular flavor profile of these off the top of my head. If you get a chance to try one the Excibition #3 is pretty good also (I'm talking non-cuban) and can be found at a pretty decent price. I also keep a few of the R&J Vintages around. They're quite mild but they have a nice flavor profile to me. I like to smoke one once in a while in the morning after I get home from work before going to bed. I'll only buy them if I find them on special someplace. They aren't worth full retail price to me.

These make a nice beginner cigar. I've got a few in one of my humidors, but it has been a couple of years since I've had one. I don't recall the paticular flavor profile of these off the top of my head. If you get a chance to try one the Excibition #3 is pretty good also (I'm talking non-cuban) and can be found at a pretty decent price. I also keep a few of the R&J Vintages around. They're quite mild but they have a nice flavor profile to me. I like to smoke one once in a while in the morning after I get home from work before going to bed. I'll only buy them if I find them on special someplace. They aren't worth full retail price to me.

Thanks I'll check it out!

Thanks for the review! I agree, though they're very mild, the Vintage line is tasty and worth a shot.