• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta dissapoinment

MrErskine

Reaction score
Last night I tried the Romeo Y Julieta viejo.

Normally, I love their cigars, but last night I kinda felt like I was smoking a Swishers or something. It was a pressed cigar and I'm not sure that had anything to do with it. I had a Padron Anniversary, once, that was pressed and I was in Heaven, but with this RyJ, I found that it wouldn't draw no matter what I did. I even tried to cut it a second time and I still barely got anything out of it.

When I first lit it, the scent promised to be aromatic, but after it got started the scent turned from aromatic to stinky. (Yes, I know that's not good form.) The thing had barely any flavor, after a brief burst of coffee/chocolate. I really tried to take my time and enjoy it, thinking that maybe I was trying to rush it, but it just remained bland and stinky.

When I buy a cigar, I like to know that there is going to be something special about it. Even if I don't like it, I like to be able to know specifically why. In this case there was nothing that really stood out. It tasted like it was made with whatever had been lying around at the time, and had the smell that I'm sure people like my aunt equate with cigars, (she told me once, "Cigars are the smelliest things. I don't think there's a smell I hate worse.")

I'm VERY disappointed. Although I will buy other RyJ's..... The Viejo will not be on that list.

I am not a big RyJ fan, but I have smoked some of these before. This cigar did nothing for me. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. It just kind of was there. Too many others cigars out there than to smoke a RyJ Viejo.

I know. I'm just disappointed because even though RyJ isn't my top choice anymore, I am still a fan.