• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No. 2 EL 2000

dulaney22

Banned
I picked up this stick from Robbie (miamipadronsmoker) in a sampler and promised to do a review. Robbie said they were smoking great and boy was he right!

The girls wanted to play in their new pool this afternoon and, after what seems like a month of rain and ridiculous humidity, this afternoon provided the perfect time for a lengthy smoke.

DSC02801.jpg

This cigar sported a beautiful dark brown wrapper . . . a touch oily with darker spots that almost looked like freckles. There were very minimal veins and a faint tobacco/barnyard odor pre-light. Unfortunately, the draw was fairly tight, but not so much that the experience was ruined.

DSC02891.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

Wood/grassy flavors kicked off the smoke. This quickly turned to nice hints of herbs and tea. About an inch in, a few spices kicked in, along with a nice creamy taste to finish out the first third. The second third exhibited very nice leather and creamy, almost buttery, undertones that reminded me of a nice piece of toasted bread. I had been unable to determine the exact spices until this point, when cinnamon started to predominate.

DSC02901.jpg

The back half of this stick, to me, was better than the first. The cinnamon spice turned a little peppery and had nice vanilla tones to accompany. Here and there pleasant earth and wood tones appeared. The finish was fabulous, as the smoke became much fuller in flavor, with rich tobacco.

DSC02921.jpg

This was a great smoke. My only complaint was the draw. I poked it a few times and the tough spot appeared to be just out of reach, probably 2-3 inches or so from the head. This was confirmed when the smoke got to this point, as the draw opened up, but the cigar ballooned into a pyramid shape. As you can see from the last pic, the wrapper split at this point and, after 2+ hours, I laid her to rest.

DSC02935.jpg

Thank you Robbie for another great smoke!!

Ooohhh nice smoke! Shame about the draw, hate it when that happens. Looked like a beautiful day and a good time! Great review!

Great review! I'm not fond of double coronas, but when it comes to a Limited Edition I guess I wouldn't be able to resist :)