• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro

Pompous Pugs

102396564_3045ad6bd2_m.jpg
Size: 6 by 54

It was fairly cold outside (by a Southerners standards), but I have not had time for a cigar in while so I braved the 20degree weather (I hear the snickering) to try this cigar that I got from that Altadis deal about two weeks ago.

As I snipped the tip, I looked forward to a nice smoke and a beer while writing a paper.
It fired up with no problems and stayed lit the whole time. I get distracted easily so it is always a good sign when a cigar will stay on for me. The outer wrapper was a little loose and was coming up in a few areas.
I have been smoking smaller and tighter rolls so it was refreshing to have a cigar with a bit more "airy." But I guess the air came with the price of not much flavor.
My first puff reminded me of just another smoke: an earthy wood flavor with nothing else.
The ash stayed upright through the first half of the smoke, once it fell the tasted turned rather bitter and harsh for a few puffs. But after the ash began to build up for the second time a richer flavor began to make an appearance. Unfortunately it was a few minutes too late.

I'd smoke it again, but it is nothing to write home to mom about--not that my mom would really care either.

yeah I have never been a big fan of the regular romeo's although I will smoke one from time to time. If you want to try another Romeo then try the Vintage #2. I enjoyed these when I first started smoking. I find they have a decent flavor, however mild, but they are a little more expensive.

Brandon

For a cheap smoke, I tend to like these. But I like them in the thinner ring guages compared to the toro size. My favorite is the lancero size that comes in a tube. I have never been disappointed in one.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and I think Ill have to try to let them rest a little longer than you did.
My previous experience with R&J from JR (regular and vintage) is that about two months really does make a suprising difference. I am pretty sure these samplers are coming from JR, so I would give it another month or so before you try another one.

I just got finished smoking the R&J Reserva Real Robusto. I got it from the sampler too. It has rested a few weeks at 65% Rh and I must say, for a very mild smoke, not bad at all.

I smoked it with a glass of Clos du Bois Shiraz as a pre-dinner cigar and I was pleased. Nice draw, creamy smoke and it did not over power the wine. I generally smoke medium to full bodied cigars and this was a nice change of pace,

I haven't smoked the other sizes that came with the sampler yet, but if they are anything like this one, it was a good deal.

atuck said:
For a cheap smoke, I tend to like these. But I like them in the thinner ring guages compared to the toro size. My favorite is the lancero size that comes in a tube. I have never been disappointed in one.
[snapback]291664[/snapback]​

Hmmm... if they come in a lancero size I think I will have to give it a try. Not too many do come in my prefered vitola.