• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Room for 2 more cents on Single malts?

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
I have enjoyed much of this forum for the longest time before ever posting here (i.e., the Saloon - I have posted before in other forums), and now I would just like to inquire if there is room for yet another 2 cents worth of input on the subject of single malts? I have quite an extensive (or as my wife would say, expensive) selection in my personal and would love to combine our efforts and see what kind of cross section of reviews we come up with. But I just didn't want to step on the toes of anyone who has the single malt scotch review market cornered. ;)

heh, now that I come out of the woodwork to join AVB seems like it started a trend...
The more the merrier I always say...on those occasions where we all 3 review something, I think it will really help those tryin to decide if they wanna pull the trigger on a malt or not!

PaulMac

Mac -

I think you're right. The more pallates voicing their take on a single malt, the better.

I'll welcome any input. There are 400+ malts available fairly easily and I'll top out around 75 once I'm done. Please feel free to review anything I've already covered if you want. Multiple opinions are a good thing :)

How extensive is your collection? I don't collect as much as I consume. I plan to open and drink every bottle I buy.

Isn't that always the trouble AVB :p
I rotating about 9 bottles right now, can't get any more than that it seems, I always finishing one up as I buy

Currently I am at about 53 bottles. I will inventory and list them eventually. Perhaps "collection" is somewhat of a misnomer, as they are all in the process of, or unequivocally destined for, consumption. Simply gazing at bottles of single malts can be a beautiful thing, I'll readily admit that. But I tend to think that, like beautiful women, they are best enjoyed in a "hands-on" capacity. :)

We are pretty close although I have to admit I have 5 blends and 2 vatted out of my collection of 55. The Campbeltown Loch 25 vatted is easily as good as any single malt and the Johnnie Walker Green isn't bad but a bit expensive for what you get.

I have to agree with you AVB, particularly with regard to the JWG. I simply can't follow the line of reasoning which would lead one to go out and seek a bottle of JWG, when there are multitudes of single-malt alternatives that are far superior for the equivalent amount of $.

I have JWG on my list, just cause I wanna try it....
that said my single malt want list is ungodly huge, and I will never finish it, especially since new stuff has to be added, and some stuff...there just no way anymore

PaulMac

Back