• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rotating Cigars in the humi

scubagrunt

Being a newbie, I am wondering if you should rotate your cigars in the humi at a regular interval? I have a 50ct humi that is working great (thanks to reading all the advice here) but as I start to fill it up, I am wondering if the bottom guys are being treated right? I do like to take them out from time to time see what I have stashed, is that ok?

I am also in the market for another humi since filling them is almost as much fun as smoking them......any advice on a good humi that won't break my wallet?

Love this place!

Personal choice. How long are you going to hold them?
Search will have bring up more info.

Yes, it's ok to peek.

I am also in the market for another humi since filling them is almost as much fun as smoking them......any advice on a good humi that won't break my wallet?

Love this place!

Build a coolerdor. Cheap and has a ton of room.

Being a newbie, I am wondering if you should rotate your cigars in the humi at a regular interval? I have a 50ct humi that is working great (thanks to reading all the advice here) but as I start to fill it up, I am wondering if the bottom guys are being treated right? I do like to take them out from time to time see what I have stashed, is that ok?

Love this place!

Easier to put a fan in the humidor to circulate the air, IMHO.

Why would you go there?

All of the most recent 'newbie' questions have been hashed out in detail on CP...search is your friend!

Of note, are the cigars in longterm storage? At what temp/range? Are they CAB's, Dress Boxes....singles?

;)

Amen! If I can't find it here.....it's not worth knowing about!

Well, I did a search here and that link came from a long-time member.

Love this place!

A fan does work but it's not as fun as "Humi Tetris" when you get new sticks and re-discover the ones that are in the back/bottom. :D

Seriously, if the info is not here why bother?

Love this place!

A fan does work but it's not as fun as "Humi Tetris" when you get new sticks and re-discover the ones that are in the back/bottom. :D

Seriously, if the info is not here why bother?

Can't argue with a Sox fan........Boston boy myself........have a good friend who used to fly Hercs not too long ago.....my fav AC....but hey anything that keeps a grunt off his feet is his fav

I just did a humi tetris. I found all sorts of great cigars i forgot about. I say if you are going to store long term, do a tetris about every 120 days. Serves as a good reminder of what you have to enjoy in the future. I've found on a rare occasion, cigars that aren't in the cello that have sat in the same place resting against other cigars seem to burn down one side. They tend to hold more humidity where they rest against the other one.Doesn't happen every time but I've noticed that the part of the cigar that burns slower was the same place it was resting against the other. I store with all my bands up and just happened upon this on a few occasions. This is by no means science.

Mine are constantly being "rotated" ... buy cigars ... into the humi ... out of the humi ... smoke them ... buy more ... repeat. :cool:

Of note, are the cigars in longterm storage? At what temp/range? Are they CAB's, Dress Boxes....singles?

;)

Agreed that more info will be needed to answer his question.

Personally, i rotate and re-arrange everytime I recieve a new haul so my cigars are constantly "moving".

That being said, i don't own many boxes, just a crap-ton of fivers and box splits so they are loose.

My advice would be to give them a little jiggle every now and then, hasn't failed me yet.