• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Royal Lochnagar 12 yo Single Malt Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Royal Lochnagar 12 yo Highland Single Malt, 80 proof $30-40, 750ml bottle. Also available an 18 yo for $125 -150.

Royal%20Lochnager%2012.JPG

The Lochnagar Distillery is located about a mile from Balmoral Castle. In fact, the prefix "Royal" was added after a visit to the distillery by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1848. During this visit and tour, the owner, John Beg, persuaded the royal couple to try a dram. They apparently were very impressed and awarded Mr. Beg a royal warrant and permission to use the name Royal Lochnagar.

A pretty quiet day preceded a dinner of lamb with double baked potatoes and a fresh salad. Sitting in my favorite chair with a generous portion of Royal Lochnagar in my glass afterwards just keep the pleasent vibe going.

I don't know about where you are but here in PA it is trying to get cold. As I type this it is 12 outside the house, 68 inside the house and it feels like very warm 100 or so glowing from my insides. I really like this scotch even though the "experts" place is in the middle of the pack. The color is a light golden amber while the nose is medium to full, pleasant, with a hint of peat, and perhaps some vanilla and a bit of orange. Tasting show that it is a medium body scotch with a trace of malt and peat and some fruity sweetness. Oak and vanilla are noticed in the very pleasant finish along with just a touch of smoke.

To me, this is one of the better buys in scotch. While not as popular as some of the bigger names this scotch has many good qualities going for it and would be well worth tracking down. If you are looking for something a bit lighter and sweeter than the standard Glenlivet or Glenfiddich 12 yo, this fits the bill perfectly. :thumbs:

Will do, next one is only a few days away.

As this year progresses and I start working on my bar set up and eventual scotch collection, this looks a good one to start off with for price IMO. Thanks for the review and the information! :thumbs:

Sam