• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RP Edge Squared

OutlawD

Dastardly Dirick
Toro is what its called but its more like a Churchill.

6 1/2 or 3/4 x50 Box pressed.
Based on what I was showed in Honduras this is Hond&Nic filler.
Either a Nic. or Costa Rican binder.
Corojo Wrapper.

This nice looking med brown cigar has a oily sheen. A few veins running thru it.
It is rectangle box pressed in the Padron fashion. It is firm and well packed.

Pre light draw is woody and smooth. Very open draw.
First few puffs bring lots of very thick smoke, rich and woody. Gently forcing the smoke thru my nose reveals a very very
smooth cigar, not much spice just a very pleasing aroma. As with most of Rockys cigars the draw is very easy.
Hints of cedar and cocoa flavors present themselves after the first few puffs and stay throughout the entire cigar along with a little bit of spice.

This was a vey well blended cigar. The end was a little harsh but not terrible.
I dont care what Rocky says, this is not an "Edge". Its way too smooth and complex to be in the Edge category.
I'd say its medium bodied, a tad milder than the Edge, and a whole lot more refined.
Id say a CA 90 is probably on the way for this cigar, at least in my book anyway.

Nice, I'll have to be on the lookout for this one. I have yet to find anything from Rocky Patel that I wasn't pleased with.

Good review, thanks!

Edited for grammar.

I smoked one myself as well. You can tell its a RP cigar without a doubt. It wasnt bad but I dont know if I would go out of my way to get another. The draw was way to open for me. It did burn fine without a touch up at least. Great construction. But I wouldnt turn one down if it was handed to me. :p