• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RP Spring collection 2009

LockOut

Rokcy Patel Spring 2009: Toro sized.
Figured I could give this whole review thing a try, never really done one this complex, nor anything more complex other than I like this smoke and its strong or this is a weak cigar or I don’t like it etc. so he goes nothing.

Construction: Good construction, firm no soft spots, looks good. One major vein but it looks like it shouldn’t be a problem. Good cap construction. Bonus points for a fancy label maybe? We’ll see how long I keep it on there, normally I peel them off before I even start

Prelight draw and light: Clipped it with my palio, no flakes or anything from the cap, Good draw, little tight but nothing to worry about. Took the flame easy, I was wrong about the draw, its pretty spot on. Initial draw produces a good amount of light wispy smoke.

1/3: Initial puffs give me a nutty almost pine taste, with some mocha in the back ground. Draw is good, smoke quantity is good. Ash is a light grey, slightly flakey would be the best way to describe it, I ash pretty often anyways so nothing to worry about. Id say it’d go for an inch and a half before winding up in your lap. I’m not going to test it.

2/3: Picking p a little bit of spice, not much but its there. Mocha a little more prominent, little less of a nutty taste. Good burn, no problems up to now. Just me ,frank sinatra,, and a good camp fire.
Side note haf way through the 2/3rd….. ditched the labels, couldn’t take it any more.they came off nice and easy, no opus super glue here.

3/3 : The cigar has picked up a earthy tone, with some mocha and coffee in the back ground. Its progressively gotten stronger through out.

Overall: It was a good smoke. Not my taste profile, but a good smoke none the less. Doesn’t exactly ring a bell in my mind saying “spring” but that’s not really the important part. Overall I don’t know if I would ever buy these but I would smoke one again if it was given to me. Was it worth the 11.50 price tag on it, I don’t think so, but if you can pick them up for 7-8 dollars they are worth a try. Not quite as good as the winter collection, but a good cigar.

Overall 8.5/10