• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rum

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
I recently (about a year ago) added another one of lifes pleasures to my list of vices.... Rum!  I have tried many and was wondering who else enjoys good Rum and what kinds.

My favorite has got to be Ron Zacapa. Talk about nectar of the gods....  :)

Others include Pampero, Havana Club, Matusalem, and a few more. I recently was gifted a bottle from the Philippines called Superior. (12 yr old blended) I've done one tasting with it so far and liked it I think...... ended up drinking half the bottle and well....... I better do another tasting!

Anyone else do rums?
boozer.gif

I am a rum dum sailor! My drink of choice. I like Goslings for a darker rum, Cruzan Estate, Bruja(sp?) anejo. Pussers is also a decent rum. Sometimes I spring fro the local Key West Rum Co rum, has a decent flavor for the price. But definately either anejo or black rum for me. I have done a lot of traveling in the Carribean but have never had the opportunity to try a Cuban rum. Anyone recommend a nice Cuban anejo?

Emo
:cool:

I love rum on occasion, during the warm months, while smoking a cigar. I have not done an extensive sampling of rums (as I have with Scotch and Bourbon);however, I can attest to the fact that the Havana Club 7 from Cuba is definitely worth a try...it's delicious. Gosling from Bermuda is not bad either...that's what I use to make Banana Flambe.

Sam :cool:

Also a rum lover and I really love any kind that Devin is drinking...LMAO
But, my favorite is HC 7 Year. I have not had the good fortune of trying 15 year, yet, but something tells me I will in the near future. ;) I also like to use Black Label Appleton Estate as a mixer in Coke and HC 3 year in daiquiris and mojitos (which I am patiently waiting for warmer weather to break so that I can enjoy numerous ones.) :)
Just got a bottle of Pyrat XO to try and have been told I will like it better then the Pyrat pistols I have had. Another top notch is Pampero...I could go on for ever with this list and i don't hardly ever drink..LMAO

Mojito's are the national drink of Cuba. Well, maybe not, but it is a Cuban favorite. Especially here in Key West. Mojito's are mades by mashing up some mint leaves in the bottom of a iced tea glass, adding ice, simple syrup, twist of lime and water or perrier. Depending where you go, they are made different ways. Some places even have a mojito menu. Many different variations on the drink.

Emo

Time to send the wife out to get some mint.
:sign:

Emo..one thing missing from your recipe....RUM!!! LMAO Fresh mint is pretty much out of season here, so haven't had a good one for a while. :) Plus, I am out of HC 3... :(

DOH....and rum...preferably a silver rum for apperance, or a darker rum for flavor...or overproof if ......

Emo

Sipping on a Mohito right now! UMMM UMMM UMMM. Life is grand.

Emo

Hmmm I think I want to Move where Emo is!!! that Mint / rum concoction sounds delicious! Rum has always been my favorite mixer alcohol!

Ahhh..the warmer weather means more mojitos!! You don't have to live in sunny Florida to enjoy a tasty mojito. :)

1 oz. Havana Club 3 year
1 oz. lemon juice
1 spoon of sugar
4 oz. of mineral sparkling water
add a few crushed fresh mint leaves

and enjoy! :)

In college we would mix rum,vodka,Coors and 7 up we called in "a Rum For Your Money"!

it was actually not bad