• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rust! Contamination?

classyndry

on injured reserve
I have a smaller lock and lock herf size humidor I was using for long term storage (ran out of space). I had some beads, but no containers for the, so I saw an altoids tin, poked some holes in it, and used that as a humidifier case. This was a while ago, so I'm not sure if I was thinking it was aluminum or I was just not thinking, but I checked it the other day, and there was rust on the hinges of the box, and the beads were redish. The cigars smell fine, but the beads smell funny. Certainly these conditions are not ideal, but anybody know about safe? I tried to search here, and on google, but I couldn't find anything about rust contaminated cigars. If you do try google, you'll find plenty about rust-proof humidors. Does anyone have any insight? I've switched out the beads and I'm currently playing the waiting game. I don't intend to smoke the sticks unless I'm fairly certain the only issue will be flavor.

Exactly. Thats what I get for a quick fix. The beads have already been thrown away. I'm concerned about the cigars.

I wouldn't worry about the cigars. Rust is everywhere. You eat it, drink it, and unless you are some kind of fancy lad you have undoubtedly breathed it on occasion (sorry about the fancy lad crack - just being a smart ass - I watched Cabin Boy the other night and couldn't resist :) )

Back