• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Cazadores

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Well... I've asked this similar question a few times now, and for those that have read my posts, I've give a quick recap near the middle here...

Whats the opinion of the Romeo and Julietta Cazadores?

They are slightly less than the Churchills (which I've had, and enjoy)- and I'm looking for a 1 box purchase of something.

I originally considered the Cohiba Siglo I's, or the new Trinidad Reyes. Which are pretty close in price with these Cazadores. The vote was for the Siglo's, but I ended up with 10 more Robusto's, so I decided against more Cohiba, only for variety sakes. The Trini's no one mentioned, so I guess I'll wait until they are more readily available, and get me a 5 pack somewhere down the line instead of a whole box.

The Cazadores I've never had, and read somewhere they are extremely powerful, and maybe one of the strongest cigars coming from the island right now?

SO: Those experienced in purchasing, know how much the Cazadores, Trini Reyes and Siglo I's are- in that general price (upto the price of the RyJ Churchills), what box would you put your stamp of approval on? (edit: of any of the brands out there in this range- not only these choices)

I need to place this order sometime this week if possible.

ALL your comments are extremely appreciated and anticipated - THANKS
:thumbs: Toaster

The Cazadores are a pretty straight forward, medium-full bodied smoke. A "typical" Romeo y Julieta flavor.

I really don't think they are one of the strongest cigars from the island ans someone said, IMHO that distinction goes to Vegas Robaina.

I'm not much of a RyJ fan but if I were you, I'd get a box of VR Famosos which can be had for $169.00 or $179.00 or VR Clasicos (a lonsdale size) for a little more $$$

coventrycat86 said:
I really don't think they are one of the strongest cigars from the island ans someone said, IMHO that distinction goes to Vegas Robaina.

I'm not much of a RyJ fan but if I were you, I'd get a box of VR Famosos which can be had for $169.00 or $179.00 or VR Clasicos (a lonsdale size) for a little more $$$
Yer a Robaina whore! I personally don't find them too strong. Not like the old Boli blend. I heard the new blend is pretty strong. Anyone want to comment on the new Boli's?

Emo

Okay, IMO the Cazadores are nothing special. But they are good solid smokes. if you don't want those then,

I would go for one of the following bro

Hoyo De Monteray Epicure #2 YUMMMMMY!!! @ 186$
Hoyo Du Deputes Never had one heard GREAT THINGS!!! @ 129$
Punch black prince @ 176$
ERDM Choix Supreame DAMN GOOD! @160$

Those are some good smokes for not a lot of $$

another way to try out smokes in smaller ammounts would be too do some box splits buddy!

I rarely get a whole box to myself, but I am always involved in a split!

Phil

emodx said:
Anyone want to comment on the new Boli's?
Emo the new Bolivars (2002/2003) are very good, but not as much of a powerhouse as they were back in the early/mid nineties.

toaster
i do like ryj's and was not overawed by the cazadores.they are a good smoke(i like the ryj floral taste)but i would not consider them a powerhouse but a 3 1/2 of 5.now the ryj tpc's i have are the strongest smokes i have...go figger.

derrek :)

I really like the RyJ Cazadores as my last cigar of the night. Nothing to complex, straightforward, strong, and I like the size. Basically, I can still taste a good ISOM after a few cigars already.

Choosing...well, I'd give the nod to the Trini Reyes though. I've had one...will have more, and will eventually spring for a box or two.

Depends on what you like. Bottom-line...you gotta choose betweeen strength, flavor, or complexity. Few cigars have them all. And
I'll take flavor first, followed by complexity over power anytime. But that's just me.

R&J's don't get the credit they deserve! I have smoked about 1 of each of there line and they are always a great cigar!

I'll be ordering the cazadores pretty soon. I just ordered a box of Trinidad Coloniales, which I'm having to split most of since I'm a low life and can't afford to keep the enitre box for myself :( :angry: :p

And since the Trini's are a little harder to come by, I ordered these first. Once I settle my affairs with the Trini's, I'll be ordering a box of the Cazadores, and doing the same thing (if people are interested)...

Thanks for the advice fellers.

:thumbs: Toaster

The RyJ Cazadore is an Ok smoke in my opinion. I don't believe it's as strong as everyone suggests. It is probably a medium strength smoke.

???