• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Louis- New Years Eve weekend

Joe

Last year kinda sucked. Friends are married with little ones and don't want to do anything that costs more the $20. So, the girlfriend and I are heading to Saint Louis for New Years Eve weekend (Dec 30 - Jan 2) We have no idea what we are doing, just going to wing-it. At the very least we'll get all drunk and stupered and try to clime the arch.

We are staying at the Mayfair, does anyone have suggestions on what local drinking establishment we should try first? Restaurants, cigar friendly bars (pool table is a plus), cigar shops, etc... Any suggestions?

If anyone in the area wants to meet up for a drink and a smoke, let me know.

The Ritz cigar bar and lobby is always a good choice. Many places here do not have funny local rules about smoking cigars and in fact like cigar smokers. Even (at least one of) the TGI Fridays lets you smoke cigars at the bar. There is a place called St. Louis Cigars about 20 miles from downtown that is a bar/cigar store but it is not exactly a "hoppin'" joint. I will try and find a good, high quality pool place.

The "Central West End" has a lot of very nice dining establishments and night spots. The Chase Park Plaza complex (resaurants, movie theater etc) has a bar/restaurant called the Eau Bar and they always have a good crowd and smoking cigars is allowed. Great Martini's! Cheaper drinks there than the Ritz where the prices are high. Not too far from downtown on about 20th street is the Tap Room, they make their own beer, have decent food not too expensive and allow cigars. I know they have darts and possibly pool tables.

For more give me an idea of what types of places you like and I will try and help.

Hell ,let me know too. I have not thought that far forward yet.

South city pool halls --no cigar or pipes :angry:

CWE-- Brennans $$ cigars/spirits shop -- don't know about NYE plans

CWE -- Chase Park $$$$ All different packages being offered

Grand center-- Mid town -- city wide nonalcoholic arts fair--mostly indoor venues highly unlikely cigars being welcomed.

Soulard-- ??????

I have to work all Christmas weekend but get those four days off over New years too.

Thanks golfgar and rob,

Will defiantly check out Taps, girlfriend likes microbrews.
Where's Brennans?

Generally hang out at sportsbar's.

Thanks,
Joe

I was able to meet up with Joe and his better half for a short time on 12/31.

Enjoyed a nice smoke along with some hot wings at Kriegers pub. Unfortunately I had to run too early. Online is one thing, but catching up with someone is very cool.

I hope they found something entertaining to do while in town. :cool:

BTW, I heard Jimmy might come to the Tweeter Center for Labor day. :whistling:

Robbmt said:
I was able to meet up with Joe and his better half for a short time on 12/31.

Enjoyed a nice smoke along with some hot wings at Kriegers pub. Unfortunately I had to run too early. Online is one thing, but catching up with someone is very cool.

I hope they found something entertaining to do while in town. :cool:

BTW, I heard Jimmy might come to the Tweeter Center for Labor day. :whistling:
[snapback]154111[/snapback]​

It was nice to meet up with someone from the group. I was greeted with a bag of very nice sticks. Smoked the VSG, it was excellent. Thanks

Had a great time. Spent most of our time in the Landing's. Went to Mississippi Nights to celebrate the new year. North Mississippi Allstars were playing. Very good music, ended up buying a CD.

Thanks

Joe, we just got back in town yesterday and therefore I am sorry we did not get to meet up. We left the day after Christmas. I'm sure happy you could meet Robbmt. We live in the same town and I have not personally met him......yet!

Have a great new year.

edited for spelling