• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey Corona (island)

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
I posted this to ICG and thought I would copy it to here. Thus some of the inside jokes might not be understood. Saint Luis Rey corona, box code of 4/97, from cuesta-rey.Pre-Light: Nice construction, firm cap, light in color. Cut nicely and the draw was very easy. Pre -light aroma slightly floral.Post-Light: The first inch of this baby did just what an almost 5 year old island should do, it exploded with flavor. Then as it was smoked it mellowed to a nice, smooth medium to full bodied flavor. Some cedary/leathery notes on the palate and not a lot of spice. For a smaller size smoke this one changed at least 4 times. It was starting to get that musty/dusty texture that an aged smoke seems to hand out.After Smoke: The aftertaste was a dream. Slightly fruity, as in dried fruit, not kagazi fruity. :) The tatse stuck around for just the right amount of time and while it didn't leave me wanting more an hour after, it did make me think this morning that I need to get some more of these guys. Now all I have to do is make sure you guys don't buy 'em all uo before I can afford a box. LMAOGeneral Concensus: this is a smoke, that for the price, I would suggest to all my smoking buddies. While it wasn't a "grab ahold of the reins boy, I'm taking you for a ride" smoke, it was a very nice and enjoyable smoke. Suited well for an after lunch smoke, or an in between course smoke at your favorite 5 star restraunt. Oh, and it goes well with Miller Lite, Charley's Club only has Bud Light in a bottle and you have to walk up stairs to get it and I'm a lazy a&#36&#36. O.k. guys, now race online and buy these up!

As good as the SLR Coronas are, try
a Regio (Robusto) if you get a chance.
One of my favorites.