• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey Petit Corona

Lee

Well, thanks to Matt and Devin, I've done it! I have officially crossed over to the dark side! The temptation was too great, the numerous gifted isoms were too much for any mortal to overcome! It's all downhill from now on! High credit card bills, uncontrolable spending sprees, night sweats, nightmares of customs agent smoking my stash, and so on and so on.

Well, I chose a SLR petit corona with a date of 11/98.

Construction was flawless, beautifully crafted cigar, rich medium brown wrapper, looked like milk chocolate. Small veins in this beautiful wrapper, nice looking triple cap.

Prelight nose was very aromatic, smelling of cocoa and coffee.

Toasted the foot and then got the first mouthful of rich, creamy, almost intoxicating smoke! It was overwhelming at first, but smooth. Draw was perfect and just tight enough to be almost effortless.

First third was hints of cocoa and coffee, just like the prelight. Second third, a bit more powerful, still very creamy smoke. No burn problems at all, burned evenly and never went out (I never gave it a chance to!) Held an inch and a half, dark grey ash that took two taps to fall!
Last third seems to turn more spicy and much more intense smoke. I nubbed it!

Overall, I was very impressed. I give it a solid 4.5 out of 5! I'm still fairly new to isoms but I would highly recommend this cigar. I believe it will be difficult to keep many of these around! :thumbs:  :D

I understand completely!! I'm hooked! :0

Great review Lee and I concur with you. This was the cigar I lost my cherry on also....... I absolutly love these. :thumbs:

Glad to know where I can mooch some when I run out...ROFLMAO!

I can tell you that they are going fast!!

Too fast!! Have to return those favors, you know!

Time to reorder! :0