• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey Regios

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Well, I hope the rest of isom's are not like this one, I think I got a dud. Anyway, I was gifted this cigar from another CP member ;) . I decided with all the talk of these cigar's today that I would have one, okay so I lit it up and at first it had a dirt like taste not pleasant. Next the taste got a little better but not much. So I let it rest for about 10 minutes, I came back to it and the taste was hard to explain but it was sour tasting and bitter, now I don't know what they are supposed to taste like(Saint Luis Rey Cigars). But I was not impressed, I think I just got a dud, as that I have kept it in my everyday smoke humi for about 2 months. :(

Bruddah PG,

It definitely sounds like you got a dud or it could possible be that the stick was too wet. I've had cigars that were too wet and they were flat tasting and not very enjoyable... these same sticks when left at 65% for a few weeks turned into great smokes! I really enjoy the SLR line of 'gars and haven't had any that tasted like you described. If it was a dud (yes, this does happen on occasion) then there's nothing that could've been done. I hope your next one turns out much better.

Aloha,

Wade

I don't post much any more on the cigar forums, but I still read the new threads almost everyday. I bought a box of SLR Regios a couple of years ago, so I understand ParaGod's comments about the Regios. They are a medium/full bodied cigar that DEFINITELY need two years rest in a humidor before they shed their harshness and "bite." After a couple years resting they are outstanding, and a very good robusto for the money.

I don't think that you necessarily got hold of a dud, just a cigar that was too young and needs aging. I say this because my first reactions to the cigar was the same as yours...harsh, hot, and earthy. Two years later it was a different smoke. Have patience with this cigar and you will be richly rewarded.

Just my .02.

Sam J.

Sam, you really should post more. We miss you around here and that was very well put. SLR is one of my favorite lines but I don't have any experience with fresh ones so I wasn't aware of this problem. Thanks for enlightening me.

Well Sam thank you for the info, I shall keep the other one deep in my humi for a couple of years and then give it a try.