• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey

Q_The_Cop

Beware Clown!
I haven't done a review in a LONG while, and I recently got a really nice camera from work, so I thought I would see what kind of pictures it took. I received this cigar a while ago (months) from a great BOTL, and was waiting on a good time to smoke it. well I couldn't think of a better time. Here we go!

gallery_8234_842_48706.jpg

gallery_8234_842_81095.jpg

The wrapper was a little torn, but no big deal, it would burn off after the first few minutes anyway right? I clipped the cap with an awesome ass cutter I received in my SS package. (I still can't thank you enough, whoever you are!). After a nice cut... Wouldn't you know it! PLUGGED!!!!! And I mean plugged!!!

I decided to go ahead and torch it anyway. The taste was fantastic for what smoke I could get out of it. It was a nice medium body with coffee/caramel type flavor. I got about an inch or so into it, and it just closed completely up. Even a shiskabob skewer through it wouldn't open it up! It saddened me because the flavor and aroma of this thing was outstanding! I hated to have to toss it. Maybe one day I'll be able to get my hands on some more of these!

gallery_8234_842_52737.jpg

Cheers!
Keith

I can feel your frustration Q! After cutting and finding a plugged cigar, I've tried leaving it to dry out but that has only worked a couple of times. I hope you had a good backup cigar just in case
wink.gif

BTW, that IS a nice camera! Good pics from that brand.

I can feel your frustration Q! After cutting and finding a plugged cigar, I've tried leaving it to dry out but that has only worked a couple of times.
Ditto here. As much as I enjoy the flavor provile of these smokes, I find ISOM's in general have a large proportion of plugged smokes (probably the making of another thread here). I've had little success in fixing them.

Ever had a plugged Padron...?? Neither have I.

Sorry your experience was short lived. I have a cab of SLR A's I've been working through. When they are "ON" they are a very good smoke.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Do you have any idea how old this cigar is? Just curious if it's a recent production stick or if it happens to be older.

I don't want to jink my ISOM cigar smoking, but the only problem I have plug issues with were the SLR A's. They were some of the first ISOMs I bought from a BOTL here and they were all plugged. Knock on wood, haven't had any plug issues with my other ISOM's. And, it was an old aged stick...maybe an '01, '02 or older...

Do you have any idea how old this cigar is? Just curious if it's a recent production stick or if it happens to be older.

I'm not exactly sure. I think I have had it in the cooler for maybe a year. It was part of a bomb I believe, or maybe SS last year. I'm not quite sure. Other than time time I have had it, I can't speak on the actual age.