• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sales flyer I received...

Some really good prices, some good prices and some not so good prices on the Scotch and Bourbon. Shop before you buy.

Their price on Remy Martin XO ($99.00) is "okay" since I can find it here in Connecticut for $104.00 and our liquor taxes are higher than Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Add in shipping and it's not a deal at all on that particular bottle.

$104 is actually a pretty good price on the Remy to begin with. Most places I seen it runs $120 or more.

$104 is actually a pretty good price on the Remy to begin with. Most places I seen it runs $120 or more.

Yes it is. :thumbs: What's weird is that the price on this particular bottle varies here in CT a great deal, sometimes I see places asking $179.00 for it which is crazy but if you shop around, you can find it for between $120.00 and $130.00. There's a place in East Hartford which is probably one of the largest liquor stores in Connecticut where he has it for $104.00 and as you said, it's a pretty good price.

The way the laws are set up in Connecticut for liquor licenses and liquor stores and the price controls, etc., make it almost impossible for anyone to run a discount liquor store operation therefore essentially none exist. This is why people from CT go to Massachusetts and New Hampshire if they're buying large quantities of booze.

I guess my original point is that if I can find a bottle here in CT (where our prices are higher than average for liquor) for essentially what they're asking in that flyer then I don't think they're prices are all that great, BUT maybe on other things they are as AVB said.