• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sam the koala

saltypete

This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSPx7S4jr4 has been seen all over the world. It shows "Sam" a koala who survived the recent bushfires in Victoria. What is amazing is how she (despite the commentry, it is a she) drinks from the fireman's bottle. This is a wild animal and normally koalas don't drink water, they get their moisture from the gum (eucalyptus) leaves which is their primary diet. She has 2nd degree burns on her paws and is currently in an animal refuge, but she will be OK. I have been in tears several times this week seeing the devastation caused by the fires. Sam has become a symbol of hope to a nation that is mourning the loss of so many people and I find this very touching.

Just a side note, the video lists a way to donate to the appeal, but I can't verify if it's legitimate (swindlers have already been caught taking advantage of good people). If you want to help, the Australian Red Cross would be the place to go.

Pete

Back