• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sampler I bought

mtschust

Been sometime since I have been here. Here is a sampler i bought about a month ago.

1. Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
2. Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Churchill
3. Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto
4. Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto
5. Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Torpedo
6. Montecristo White Tothschilde
7. Montecristo Platinum Toro
8. Montecristo No. 2

9. H. Upmann Anniversary Robusto
10. A. Fuente Hemingway Best Seller
11. A. Fuente Canones
12. A. Fuente Double Chateau Natural
13. A. Fuente Double Chateau Maduro
14. Padron Londres Maduro
15. Padron Londres Maduro

So far The montecristo whith the silver background and red Montecristo on the label, I beleive it a the platinum??? is my favorite. THe Rocky Patel comes in second followed by the Padron. I smoked one of the fuentes that didn't turn out so good, it did not stay wrapped, and I couldnt get a draw out of it. I am not sure which one it was, it was shaped like a Belisco. What does anyone else think of these smokes? THe H upmann is up next to be smoked tonight.

Sweet sampler. where did you buy that?

As for the sticks, Montes and AF are by far my favorites. I can have those any time of the day. As well as the Padron but I've had mixed experiences with them. Can't comment on the RP vintages but I've read good reviews on those (especially aged for abit). As for the others, they probably won't live up to the AF, RP, Padrons or even the Montes. But hey, if its good for you, that's all that matters.

The silver/red monty is the platinum series. I find them to be very light. (MHO) If you liked that, you may find the H Upmann to be a more full bodied smoke with that full tobacco taste that lingers.

The Torano cameroon will be in between these two as far as the depth of the body and consistency of smoke produced but hat the flavor profile is a little deeper than the Monty.

The RP's are all full flavored smokes with deeper richer texture and thick creamy smoke on each puff. I prefer the 1990. Again, (MHO).

Sounds like you had trouble with the AF Best seller (Perfecto). That is a shame, it beats any other AF you have there, although Chateau Fuentes are a goto smoke in many peoples minds, including mine. Their body will be in between the torano and the upmann and their flavor surpasses them both.

Keep notes, You have an excellent selection that crosses several classes of burn,construction and taste charachteristics.

Hey there fellow BOTL from Oregon. Looks like a very nice sampler where'd you get it from?

That is a nice looking sampler. I love the RP 1990's, they are consistant and not overly strong. Try another AF, I've heard some people complaining of the Hemingway line lately for the same reasons that you did, but i have yet to run inot the same problem, knock on wood. The Hemmingway's are real good smokes. Try write reviews when you smoke them, even if you dont post them b/c it will help you rememeber what you like and dislike for future purchases.

I tried one of the Fuente maduros, that is the best one so far. The RP 1990 had a perfume overtone that I didnt much care for, However the churchill did not. I think the H. Uppmann was o.k. but nothing to fall in love with. I am going to make my next purchase the fuente of some kind.

I haven't been very impressed with any Rocky Patels that I've tried so far, which includes the Vintage 1990 and 1992 and Edge. Even though these smokes have been a little disappointing to me, I'm still looking forward to trying the Old World Reserve (despite the mixed reviews it has gotten).

I haven't been very impressed with any Rocky Patels that I've tried so far, which includes the Vintage 1990 and 1992 and Edge. Even though these smokes have been a little disappointing to me, I'm still looking forward to trying the Old World Reserve (despite the mixed reviews it has gotten).

I would have to agree. I have yet to smoke an RP that has impressed me. Can't knock the construction, Rocky makes nice looking and nice burning cigars. I just don't dig the flavor profile of the ones I've smoked.