• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake, Brown #4, and Skiff in stock!

nismo270r

Hey all,

Just thought I'd let you all know Payless Pipes, in New Orleans has some Samuel Gawith tins in stock. I just got the email a bit ago and he HAD Full Virginia Flake tins in stock when I got the email. As usual, they were gone in a heartbeat, but if you're looking for Best Brown Flake, Brown #4 Rope, or Skiff Mixture, they have those in stock still. They also have others that aren't as hard to get ahold of like 1792, Commonwealth, Perfection, and others. Here's a link to to the Gawith page: Gawith!

Hopefully someone can get ahold of a tin or two they've been searching for!

Saw this tip on another forum and got a couple tins of Navy Flake and Squadron Leader. Tempted to order some FVF, but decided not to....

I'm stocked up for now. I'm really starting to wonder if this shortage is more than a temporary bump in the road. I have more than enough FVF and SqL to last me quite a while, but I still skip over them in favor of more readily available blends, just in case...

Hopefully it's temporary, but it seems Gawith stuff is never in stock anywhere, and when it is, it's gone fast. I've talked with some owners of a few B&Ms about the availability issues, and he said that the main distributor for Gawith products in the US keeps saying they're not getting enough from the UK. One owner told me he spoke directly to the manufacturer in the UK and they said they had no issues there, and have plenty of stock. Last I heard, there was talks of trying to get another distributor to begin working with Gawith to help alleviate the issues, but who knows. Luckily I have plenty of Sq Leader and a decent amount of FVF, but I usually don't shy at picking more FVF up when I get the chance. Worst case, I know plenty of people that would enjoy it, so it definitely would make it to a good home!

I agree, it seems that while most of the SG blends do occasionally pop their heads up, you never see FVF for retail sale. I have been fortunate to get mine from various friends across the internets.

Speaking of FVF, check the new thread I just put up! Pipesandcigars had it in stock as of 30 min ago! Get it while you can!