• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal(Nicaraguan)

jkoj

I haven't seen to many posts on these and was thinking of picking up a few of the clasico's.I've seen alot of good reviews on them just not here.For domestics I like A.F. Don Carlos,Padron 1964,Opus perf. 5 and VSG.Are the San Cristobal a similer flavor profile or completely different.On a side note my B&M sells them for $12 each for the clasico :angry: :angry: I'm going to check online for a better deal.

IMO the San Cristobal has a flavor profile of its own. They are definately an amazing smoke. I think I usually pay around $9 or $10 for them, and they are well worth it. Pepin outdid himself again with this stick, and I think that they go amazing with a coke. My favorite vitola is the maestro.
B

I haven't seen to many posts on these and was thinking of picking up a few of the clasico's.I've seen alot of good reviews on them just not here.For domestics I like A.F. Don Carlos,Padron 1964,Opus perf. 5 and VSG.Are the San Cristobal a similer flavor profile or completely different.On a side note my B&M sells them for $12 each for the clasico :angry: :angry: I'm going to check online for a better deal.

I, too, think this cigar has a very different profile than other Ashtons and AFs as well as different than other Pepins. I can't really describe it off the top of my head, other than to say that they're pretty good. I've only smoked Classicos and Guajiros, but I liked the Guajiro's much more. Also, my B&M sells them for about MSRP ($6 something for Classicos, $7 something, I think, for Guajiros, plus 7% tax). If you'd like, I could pick some up for you.

Supremo here...have a box aging comfortably, it will be interesting to see how these are in a few years. I don't pay anywhere what you guys are paying though......

IMO the San Cristobal has a flavor profile of its own. They are definately an amazing smoke. I think I usually pay around $9 or $10 for them, and they are well worth it. Pepin outdid himself again with this stick, and I think that they go amazing with a coke. My favorite vitola is the maestro.
B

I agree. Not quite similar to those you've mentioned but well worth it. What you can do is go to cigarinternational, check out the singles where you buy 4 and get 1 free and compare those costs to the other places. Sometimes it works out a little cheaper. If not, I'm sure seriouscigars, Mark@towercigars, puffstuff or any of the other fine members/b&m's here can help you out.

This cigar is worth a try for sure.

A fantastic smoke and I would have to agree with the others- it is in a class by itself.

Two thumbs up here! :thumbs:

rbbrock,that is very kind of you to offer but I'll probably place an order online in a few weeks or so.It sounds like a cigar I should try for sure.My 75-100 ct. humi is getting ready to burst.I only smoke one or two a week and lately I've been buying alot more than I've been smoking.This sure is a fun hobby :laugh:

This is a real good cigar. I have had a couple of the Classico's and like everyone else is saying it is definatly in a class of its own

just my 2cents

-fhs

I found a shop about an hour from home.$9 for the clasico.I guess I'll try to pick up a few next week.

jkoj, San Cristobal is a great cigar, I've smoked one of each and enjoyed all of them I have a Supremo in my box now. What B&M do you go to? prices seem high I have a good guy in Sharon maybea we can hook up and go there he has a big selection and great prices.

Great cigar - for CP review try here. :) Say it with me now "search is your friend." :whistling: ;) :)

I had a Clasico a couple of weeks ago. The first third was a bit harsh for me but after that it turned into a great cigar. It reminded me of a richer DPG Cuban Classic. Great smoke and can only imagine what some age will do to it since I smoked mine in my B&M.

jkoj, San Cristobal is a great cigar, I've smoked one of each and enjoyed all of them I have a Supremo in my box now. What B&M do you go to? prices seem high I have a good guy in Sharon maybea we can hook up and go there he has a big selection and great prices.

I usually go to The Cigarman in Norton or Watch City in Framingham.I'm not far from Sharon,if you get a chance PM the name of the shop and I'll check it out today.

A flavor profile of it's own is certainly an accurate statement. When I was first introduced to these one thing went through my head. A maduro La Aroma de Cuba. To me, it fit nicely. Our shop sells them for between 9-12, and after knowing wholesale I don't see how anyone can sell em for 7$. Regardless, you owe it to yourself to try mate.

A flavor profile of it's own is certainly an accurate statement. When I was first introduced to these one thing went through my head. A maduro La Aroma de Cuba. To me, it fit nicely. Our shop sells them for between 9-12, and after knowing wholesale I don't see how anyone can sell em for 7$. Regardless, you owe it to yourself to try mate.

LOL! That's exactly what I thought, and I LOVE MY La Aroma de Cubas!!!!! Definitely one of my go-to smokes.

I tried the clasico awhile back and wasn't too impressed. The begining was alittle harsh and then the flavor fell off. Definitely needs time to rest but I wouldn't put them over the DPG blue or blk label especially when you consider price

I tried the clasico awhile back and wasn't too impressed. The begining was alittle harsh and then the flavor fell off. Definitely needs time to rest but I wouldn't put them over the DPG blue or blk label especially when you consider price
I forgot all about those DPG Blue labels.I bought a fiver of the lanceros from Puffnstuff last year.They were damn good smokes.

I usually go to The Cigarman in Norton or Watch City in Framingham.I'm not far from Sharon,if you get a chance PM the name of the shop and I'll check it out today.
C.B. Perkins is the name right near the Marshalls in Cobbs Corner its a little hard to find its down the allyway toward the gym

I've had a few and must say, I am reminded of aged anejos as a profile. Like everyone has said unlike any of the VSG line. Great value for the price, can't wait for warmer weather as I'd like to smoke a few on back to back days.