• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Diego

inflatus

GURPS
I am thinking about moving from Pleasanton, CA (East Bay) to San Diego. My fiancee is a nurse and should not have a problem getting a job there.

I was wondering how much, those of you that live there or have been there, like San Diego. I really want to live within walking distance to the beach. I plan on commuting to work on a motorcycle. Any advice about the place would be great.

I don't "live" there but I absolutely love the city...If I had to move anywhere besides Chicago, it would be San Diego.
Have family that love it there...no complaints. I go as often as I can.
I particularly like the northwest blocks going away from PetCo Park...great cigar lounges, great bars (that serve hundreds of beers), and obviously great atmosphere of city life...not too close to any beaches though "walking distance" that is...a few 5-10 min car ride.

Love San Diego. Only drawback is the traffic and high cost of living. I still have family there so I get back as often as possible. I can help with the housing & job issue; since your fiancee is a nurse I can get her a house for half price and my Mom is a Healthcare Exec. out there. PM me & I'll give you the details.

edited for typo

I don't "live" there but I absolutely love the city...If I had to move anywhere besides Chicago, it would be San Diego.
Have family that love it there...no complaints. I go as often as I can.
I particularly like the northwest blocks going away from PetCo Park...great cigar lounges, great bars (that serve hundreds of beers), and obviously great atmosphere of city life...not too close to any beaches though "walking distance" that is...a few 5-10 min car ride.

SD and Chicago are two of the best towns in the world. if i could move anywhere it would be chicago from April through october and SD the rest of the time.
Wife and I are thinking of a vacation to SD with a required stop in chicago on the way bacl for hopefully a cubs game on a friday and notre dame on saturday!!