• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Santa Damiana No.100 Cabinet

Anthony

Advertising Space -- Available Here
This Cigar was very nice looking with a smooth, tight claro wrapper and nice firm filler. Beautifully constructed. The smell was fantastic, and indicated a flavorful cigar.

santadamiana.jpg

santadamiana1.jpg

It lit and drew easily, especially for such a tightly rolled stick.

My immediate impression was, "Wow this is a lot stronger than I was expecting it to be!" And it had a peppery flavor, with hints of nutmeg. After the first 1-2 inches it actually mellowed out somewhat.

I commited the mortal sin of smoking this cigar while doing yard work... oh, but notice my beautiful coffee can ashtray!

santadamiana2.jpg

By the time I was down to the last 3 inches or so, it started to get very spicy and a bit harsh, possibly due to a couple of re-lights.

santadamiana3.jpg

This is as far as I could take it, it just got to harsh for me...

santadamiana4.jpg

Overall a nicely made cigar that was not what I was expecting as far as flavor... Much stronger and spicier than the mild/medium I was hoping for.

My Dad and son brought me back one of these from the D.R. 3 years ago....this was the cigar that got me going.

... oh, but notice my beautiful coffee can ashtray!

and here I was thinking I was the only one with one of those ashtrays..ahahahaha

Art

Thanks for the nice review and sharing the pictures. I've smoked some of the Santa Damiana robustos in the past, but was not able to develop a palate for it. Still I have heard and red many good things about this brand.