• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Santa's Little Helper Imperial Stout

joshmickelson

Ok, I haven’t done a review in a long long time. Here she goes:

Style – Russian Imperial Stout
ABV – 10%
Brewed In – San Diego, CA
Availability – Christmas Seasonal

Score: A-

Appearance
Poured this into a New Belgium globe. Was dark brown to almost black. Left a coating on the glass when it was swished around. Little to no head.

Smell
The alcohol is definitely prominent in the smell. If I were to put one dominant smell, I would say either Chocolate Milk or Milk Duds. Very interesting. The smell was possibly one of my favorite parts.

Taste
Burnt espresso, Milk Duds. The alcohol is there, but well balanced.

Feel
Really light carbonation. Very creamy and easy to sip on.

Overall
It’s not the best RIS you will ever have, but it was perfect for the -12 degree day we had here in Denver yesterday. It’s pretty mild, doesn’t really shock any of the senses. It’s simply a well crafted good beer that really hit the spot last night.

Ok, I haven’t done a review in a long long time. Here she goes:

Style – Russian Imperial Stout
ABV – 10%
Brewed In – San Diego, CA
Availability – Christmas Seasonal

Score: A-

Appearance
Poured this into a New Belgium globe. Was dark brown to almost black. Left a coating on the glass when it was swished around. Little to no head.

Smell
The alcohol is definitely prominent in the smell. If I were to put one dominant smell, I would say either Chocolate Milk or Milk Duds. Very interesting. The smell was possibly one of my favorite parts.

Taste
Burnt espresso, Milk Duds. The alcohol is there, but well balanced.

Feel
Really light carbonation. Very creamy and easy to sip on.

Overall
It’s not the best RIS you will ever have, but it was perfect for the -12 degree day we had here in Denver yesterday. It’s pretty mild, doesn’t really shock any of the senses. It’s simply a well crafted good beer that really hit the spot last night.

Nice Review Josh. I have 2 2007 bottles and 2 2008 bottle...can't wait to do a side by side comparison.

Nice review Joshy. The great thing about this beer is the price, only $6 a bottle as opposed to some similiar beers (Mikkeller Santa's Littler Helper) which are closer to $15.