• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SC Sitdown 4/12/08 re-cap

Jack Straw

The SC Sitdown VII, held Saturday 4/12/08, was attended by 124 B/SOTL's and, again, raised a great deal of amount of money for the charities, Sister Care and The Fuente Family Charity, as well as providing a lot of fun for those in attendance.

Fellow CP'ers Brewmeister, khari, Lou Tam, Kingantz, Cheeze, and I made off with several of the door prizes, and made a good sized dent in The Wild Hare's alcohol selection.

Our weekend began with Brewmeister and his lovely wife, Stephanie, joining my wife, Kathy and I for dinner and drinks at Icy's Sports Bar and Restaurant, another cigar friendly bar here in Columbia. It was a beautiful evening, so we dined, drank and smoked on their deck enjoying the great food and comaraderie. Khari and Lou Tam arrived later in the evening, and caught up with us for the serious drinking and smoking pre-herf herf at my house. I had planned on writing down what everyone smoked, and devote time to talking about the great cigars we smoked, eveyone's impressions of said cigars, etc., but, sadly, a bottle of Tomatin 12 year old scotch whisky, (thanks for the recommendation, Ray!!) and a case or so of Heineken doomed any attempt at writing! Suffice it to say, we all smoked quite a few cigars during the evening, and it seemed that everyone enjoyed them. :whistling:

Saturday morning, after trying to shake off the self-induced cobwebs, we headed over to the SC Sitdown, where the four of us caught up with Kingantz and Cheeze, one of The Sitdown's organizers, and registered and recommenced smoking and imbibing!

DSCF2234.jpg

DSCF2229.jpg

SC Sitdown attendees

DSCF2237.jpg

Sondra from Miami Cigar was there representing La Aurora Cigars. This girl knows how to work a room!

DSCF2232.jpg

Cheeze - keeping everyone in line!!

DSCF2231.jpg

"Tiny Tim" Rollins - organizer extraordinaire!

DSCF2239.jpg

khari with the Oliva swag he won!

DSCF2225.jpg

Brewmeister learning he just won a Stinky Ashtray. He, also, won some "great" cigars, and was last heard muttering about "bombing" some poor unsuspecting soul, so be prepared!

DSCF2240.jpg

Kingantz with his Dale, Jr. lighter, courtesy of another CP'er, Heartfelt Industries. As Greg only lives a couple of miles from The Darlington Speedway, it seemed appropriate that he would win this lighter!

DSCF2226.jpg

Lou Tam and khari. Lou was the only one of us that didn't win a door prize :( ! But spent most of the afternoon smoking a Padron 80th maduro, and I am sure, from hearing his comments, is now an "official" Padron 'Ho!!

DSCF2238.jpg

One of the several "Cigar Girls" in attendance!!

After loading cigars, swag, and people into the car, we headed back home for some dinner. Sadly, Kingantz had to head home, and couldn't hang around for the post-herf herf.

After a great dinner, we headed outside armed with a Monte #2, some more Heinekens, and a bottle of Sazerac 18 year old rye whiskey that khari kindly provided. Frankly, the Monte's, from '07, were a bit young and could use some more down time, but the Sazerac, and more importantly, the company, made them taste much better than they probably were.

What a great weekend!

It never fails to amaze me how, basically, total strangers with the shared interest in smoking cigars, can get together, begin by talking about cigars, and in just a few short hours find other areas of commonality, and/or total disagreement, but can have lively conversations, agree or disagree vehemently, but still respect that person's opinion.

I would just like to thank Brewmeister, khari, Lou Tam, Kingantz, and Cheeze for making this year's SC Sitdown very memorable for me, and especially thank CP for providing the opportunity to meet such a great group!

It was definitely a great time yesterday and great meeting everyone! Good smokes and good conversation with all! Unfortunately, no drinking for me other than a Mr. Pibb (long drive home). Looking forward to hopefully being able to get together again soon! Here's some of the pics I got (yes Jay, you're being posted!! :laugh: )

Mr. Tim introducing a vendor

04-11-08Imported004.jpg

LouTam, "And I say, varily unto thee my brethren of the leaf, smoke!" :D

04-11-08Imported006.jpg

04-11-08Imported007.jpg

04-11-08Imported009.jpg

Khari having a great time

04-11-08Imported012.jpg

Brewmeister also having a great time

04-11-08Imported014.jpg

Putting flame to the Padron 80th

04-11-08Imported015.jpg

04-11-08Imported017.jpg

Proud wiener...eh, I mean winner!

04-11-08Imported024.jpg

Another proud wien...dang it...I mean winner!

04-11-08Imported025.jpg

And the winner is...JackStraw! Montecristo box, comes with a pen! :D

04-11-08Imported026.jpg

What?? Again? So, trading up for four Preferidos...mmmmm!

04-11-08Imported028.jpg

And for the final win! Traded up the La Aurora Pref's for a Perdomo Vector!! Very nice Jay and congrats!!

04-11-08Imported029.jpg

Again, was fantastic meeting you guys! Hope to do it again soon!!

I had a great time yesterday . Candy and I drove down from Monroe and met some of the Charlotte guys. Lots of people I didn't know and lots I did. Thanks to Tim and Cheese and everybody else for putting on a nice event

Yep, I had a great time. It was great meeting all of you and Jay, thanks for being such a gracious host. Looking forward to doing it again!

A great time! The Mrs and I enjoyed fantastic hospitality at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Straw, and for that our many thanks. It was great to finally meet Jay, and four other CP BOTL Khari, Lou Tam, KingAntz, & Cheese. Had a very enjoyable day at the Sit-Down, and all the pre and after HERFS.

I only have one decent picture from the Sit-Down.

sit_down_small.jpg

(L to R) KingAntz, Khari, and Jack Straw

Although, it was a bit of drive down and back (about 1100 miles) with a detour to the Dulles airport to pick up my German visitors and things have been a bit of a whirlwind here at home since. However, we throughly enjoyed the scenery and we had some very nice weather. Thanks again one and all for all the fine smokes and excellent booze!

As everyone else has already said, what a great time for everyone!!!!

I am glad I met more CP BOTL!

Hey Cheeze! Was great to meet you, even though I didn't know you were a CP brother until after I saw your pic in the thread! :laugh: Again, was good to meetcha!

Hey Cheeze! Was great to meet you, even though I didn't know you were a CP brother until after I saw your pic in the thread! :laugh: Again, was good to meetcha!

Yeah I have been MIA for a while. I am going to start spending more time here though.