• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scapa 14

Ralph

Looking to try something new, I picked up a bottle of this last week and was completely underwhelmed by it. I was hoping for a some of the intense heather-honey characteristics of Scapa's northern neighbor, Highland Park, and possibly some of the maritime characteristics of Island Scotches I love so much. There were faint hints of honey, but really faint. I went in knowing that Scapa is maufactured with completely UNPEATED malts, which goes against much of what I really enjoy in a Scotch, but the Orkney location and thoughts of a seaside distillery sucked me in. I found it bland and listless. Probably the biggest Scotch disappointment for me to date.

Wow, a complete reverse of what I found in my review of the 12. I've liked the 14 I have tasted so far. You can send it to me when you get a chance :0

Wow, a complete reverse of what I found in my review of the 12. I've liked the 14 I have tasted so far. You can send it to me when you get a chance :0

I looked to see if you had done a review on the 14. Heard a lot of good things about the 12 too. I usually try not to smoke when I taste a Scotch for the first time and I was smoking when I tried the Scapa 14. I won't abandon it yet, but my first impressions were disappointing. then I'll send it on over! :laugh: