• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SCHIP

April is what I'm hearing from the owner of one of the cigar shops I goto.

Whats funny is that its funded by smokers, but smokers are on the decline. Eventually they will jack the tax way up or fund it elsewhere.

April 1 is that I was told at my local B&M the other day while we were all talking about it. That is the tax at the pier. He said most shops are all asking eachother what they are going to do as far as how much to pass on to the consumers.

40¢ per cigar and 61¢ per pack of cigarettes.

Is a friggan ass grab by the Dems if you ask me! Now that they have control their going to do their best to tax the rest of into the poor house.

I've been wondering when does a guy like myself, small business owner working 100+ hours a week (52 weeks a year) get a break of any kind!?!

40¢ per cigar and 61¢ per pack of cigarettes.

Is a friggan ass grab by the Dems if you ask me! Now that they have control their going to do their best to tax the rest of into the poor house.

I've been wondering when does a guy like myself, small business owner working 100+ hours a week (52 weeks a year) get a break of any kind!?!

When you are 6 feet under and even then, they tax you. Go figure that one out. I have no idea why people are so surprised that this would pass. Just remember they are going to pass the wealth and when they mean that, they mean take it from you and pass it on to their own pockets. The bill is a freaking joke. Let a Special Toy Tax fund the Children Health Care is what I say. I served in the Military and with my 100% rating saying that I am unfit for a job, these kids and their parents will have access to better health care than I currently do. And remember taxes is a way to regulate control over you so if they feel its unhealthy for you, then what better way to get you to stop that behavior than through taxing you to death. :angry:

Does nothing. Kinda like this stimulus plan they are passing that throws money towards all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the economy. It's going to get worse, I'm afraid.