• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scotch n00b question

Krautle87

Confutatis maledictis, voca me cum benedictis.
Just found a sealed bottle of Dewar's White Label from 1968 in the basement, being COMPLETELY ignorant about scotch, I'm basically just throwing this out there to get any info you would like to share with me on it. I've heard that Scotch does not really age after bottling, is this true? Does Scotch have a "shelf life"? How is this particular blend, is it higher end? Basically anything interesting or informative you have to tell me about this specific scotch or scotch in general would be helpful. Thanks. :)

I on occasion will drink Dewars White and enjoy the taste, but it does sit on the bottom shelf of the a tavern that i visit. Don't know why it sits there, i rather like it. But than again i'm a noob. ;)

Scotch stops aging once it is bottled. I really don't know how long it will stay good after being opened but I have a few at over 10 years that are still good.

Dewar's White Label is considered to be a mid level blend along the likes of Johnnie Walker Red.

Give it to a friend that drinks scotch if you don't as it doesn't have too much value as a collectible item unless you want to keep it another 20 years.