• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scotch pairing with Partagas 8-9-8, asap

Jan Primus

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to scotch but quickly becoming addicted...I'm about to spark up one of my fave sticks, but don't know which scotch will best compliment it..I just picked up a few bottles today, here is what I have on hand:

Lagavulin 16
Talisker 18
Macallan 15
Caol cask

thanks in advance.

The Partagas isn't that strong so I'd go with the Macallan or maybe the Caol Ila since it is less peaty then the Talisker or Lagavulin. IMO, YMMV.

I drink almost everything neat but you don't have to. Try it neat and if you don't like that put an ice cube in.

Well I ended up having a shot of each (4) with the party...started with the Macallan, then the Caol, then Talisker and finally the Lagavulin by the time I was near the nub..all were fanastic but I liked the Lagavulin best, followed by the Macallan. We'll see if my tastes change as I get through the bottles.

Now you have to see how you like them without the cigar. The flavors will chnge considerably.

Now you have to see how you like them without the cigar. The flavors will chnge considerably.

Now that all 4 bottles are done...my preference was:

Lagavulin 16
Talisker 18
Macallan 15
Caol cask

The top 3 I rank very, very closely together..despite being very different.

Whithout cigar, I enjoyed the Caol the least..with cigar, it was my preference. The Macallan was a good match to lighter cubans like Hojo.

Back