• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Serious drinkers

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Hungary workers get shock at bottom of rum barrel

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-litre barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

Sorta like the worm at the bottom of a bottle only on a larger scale :p

I would imagine that those guys are feeling a bit sick about now :laugh: :laugh:

Reuters withdrew the story a few days later:

ADVISORY: Hungary rum barrel story withdrawn

The Budapest story headlined "Hungary workers get shock at bottom of rum barrel" issued on May 4 is withdrawn. Police said the incident, reported on a police magazine Web site, happened 10 years ago. Reuters has been unable to make any further checks to substantiate the story.

on snopes. near the bottom.

My current disposal instructions include cremation with my ashes being fired from a torpedo tube (yep, they'll do that).

I'm considering the pickled in rum idea, at least for about 50 years or so, then cremation and a submarine ride. :laugh: :laugh:

uh, i have to ask..

did you intend to be pickled in this rum NOW? Somehow I have this mental image of you neck-deep in a cask, grinning..

with a little paper umbrella over your head.. :blush:

Now, how do you suppose that the guy got to the bottom of the barrel??
I guess if you have to go, there are worse ways to go ;)