• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seriously kicking myself right now!

BSchmidt1981

I don't know what I was thinking (in this case I obviously wasn't). Boise State played UNLV this weekend in Vegas. I have a least a dozen friends that went to the game. How in the heck did I not have someone pick me up a couple of Casa Fuentes? I know you may be thinking that there are a few cigars with better quality and lower prices. While this may be very true I haven't stopped thinking about the last one I had this summer that my dad brought me back. I have a sentimental affection for these cigars as it is the first cigar that I ever shared with my father a few years ago. I heard many stories that night (over a couple too many mojitos) about his time flying F-4s in the Air Guard that I had no idea about. That one night made me feel closer to him than any other in my life. Every time I have one I'm brought back to that night. Man I can't believe I didn't think about having someone get me a couple. Sorry for the long winded post...I really needed to vent that.

They are really good cigars regardless that they are on the expensive side. Man can not live on yard gars alone.

I think you may have hit on what makes a Cigar....

It is much more than the sum of the tobacco in it, but has a lot to do with the memories, friends, and environment that go along with the smoking...

Tim

I think you may have hit on what makes a Cigar....

It is much more than the sum of the tobacco in it, but has a lot to do with the memories, friends, and environment that go along with the smoking...

Tim

You hit the nail on the head. Those cigars will always be one of my favorites as they will always remind me of my father. I found out today that one of my ex-girlfriends is heading to Vegas in a few days. She is going to pick up a couple of things for me. One of these will definitely make its way into the old man's humidor on Christmas Eve.

I could listen to F-4 Phantom stories all night. Was he a pilot or a GIB? Did he ever get to fly the "E" model? I would like to buy him a beer and a cigar.

The F-4 was the Air Force's proof to the world that with enough thrust, even a brick could fly.

When I was a kid, we had base housing at RAF Lakenheath and Upper Heyford, both at the end of the runway. I loved the 6 and 6 after burner takoff's with the F-4's and F111-B's. NOTHING could be hung on the walls.

I could listen to F-4 Phantom stories all night. Was he a pilot or a GIB? Did he ever get to fly the "E" model? I would like to buy him a beer and a cigar.

The F-4 was the Air Force's proof to the world that with enough thrust, even a brick could fly.

When I was a kid, we had base housing at RAF Lakenheath and Upper Heyford, both at the end of the runway. I loved the 6 and 6 after burner takoff's with the F-4's and F111-B's. NOTHING could be hung on the walls.

He was a backseater. I believe most of his time was spent in the "C". He got out right before they converted over to the Wild Weasel package. I still remember him waking me up in the middle of the night one night when I was young. We drove out to the Guard and sat at the end of the runway to watch the first 4 ship take off to heat to the Gulf. I will never forget that.

If your interested in a good read check out: Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds. Great book!

I have a friend that piloted F-4's over Vietnam. He tells the same stories over and over again and they never get old.

Best regards to you and your father