• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Server Move tonight

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
We're relocating the CP server to a new NOC.

Expect downtime tonight as well as tomorrow morning.

Quick update...

Since DNS propogation takes up to 24 hours to complete, some users may be accessing the old server while other users may be accessing the new server. This simply means we may have a slight loss of data. No big deal, just if you see something missing tomorrow or Friday, this is the reason. This is the best way I can explain it without getting all technical.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Rod

do you have the ability to point the old site to the new database in order to retain all data?

Yes and no. We will probably lose a few messages, but shouldn't be anything major. I will have two servers running at the same time, one in TX and one in FL. Our current server is in TX, so it will remain up for two weeks. If need be, it will be accessible for a little while via IP. Too bad dns takes so long to propogate.

Rod said:
Too bad dns takes so long to propogate.
[snapback]163355[/snapback]​
Tell me about it :( However, most people should be hitting the new server within the 1st 24 hours

I always dread a server move... Cross your fingers everyone. ??? :sign:

What I usually do in a situation like this on my systems is to create a new subdomain pointing to the new server from the old so that everyone can stay connected, something like 'new.cigarpass.com'

Back