• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Setting up new humidor...

[OT] ykm loki

I just got a new humidor and a few new smokes. The humidor is a black 20 count that was around $20. The problem is I didn't get a Hygrometer. I was told by the guy at the cigar shop where I buy my cigars and such that to set it up all I needed to do was whipe it down on the inside with water, wait an hour and a half, do the same thing and wait 30 minutes, install the humidifer, wait several hours and I should be fine.....I've been told that I should wait a few days. Since I don't have a Hygrometer I figured I'd ask if there is a way if I can tell if the humidor is ready. Tia

P4281428%20(Large).JPG

P4281429%20(Large).JPG

P4281430%20(Large).JPG

P4281431%20(Large).JPG

P4281432%20(Large).JPG

Well you can't tell what the Humidity is without a hygrometer so either chance it or pay 10 bucks for some of viper's beads. You wont need a hygro since they keep the RH at 60, 65, or 70. Go with the 65 and you will be fine. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Well you can't tell what the Humidity is without a hygrometer so either chance it or pay 10 bucks for some of viper's beads. You wont need a hygro since they keep the RH at 60, 65, or 70. Go with the 65 and you will be fine. Hope this helps.

Brandon
Can I get these at a shop or do I need to order them online?

here is the link to viper's beads. They are hassle free. Read up on them at the website, and do a quick search for Viper's Beads and read some reviews. Many of the CPers use the beads and they work great.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Beads.htm

The 1/2 oz tube for 8.95 should work great for you.

Brandon

As posted the Viper Beads will keep it where it needs to be, I'm just one of those types that likes to see that % everytime I open up the Humi.

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, hehe.