• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shelly's in DC tonight

prometheus

Read more; post less
My lovely wife suggested we go to a cigar bar for drinks and smokes this evening (7 ish), and Shelly's is the only one in the Northern Virginia area that I know of. If anyone would care to join us, let me know. Since there are only two of us, we'd stand a better chance of getting a table if there are more folks (I've had the same problem before).

If interested, PM me for my cell.
Daniel

My lovely wife suggested we go to a cigar bar for drinks and smokes this evening (7 ish), and Shelly's is the only one in the Northern Virginia area that I know of. If anyone would care to join us, let me know. Since there are only two of us, we'd stand a better chance of getting a table if there are more folks (I've had the same problem before).

If interested, PM me for my cell.
Daniel

Daniel,
If you are in Loudon Co. Then your best bet is Landsdowne. They have a great bar at the resort and allow smoking. Drinks are as reasonable as Shelly's if not better. They have pool tables and I think on Sat. night a band. And since the smoking ban in DC Shelly's is way to busy, it will be almost impossible to get a table for two.

Daniel,
If you are in Loudon Co. Then your best bet is Landsdowne. They have a great bar at the resort and allow smoking. Drinks are as reasonable as Shelly's if not better. They have pool tables and I think on Sat. night a band. And since the smoking ban in DC Shelly's is way to busy, it will be almost impossible to get a table for two.

I've heard that they won't even seat you if you have less than 3 or 4 people. Instead of having a sure thing of two people patronizing their establishment buying food and drink, they would rather wait for 3-4 people to show and run the risk of seating no one at those tables.

That is a pretty damn stupid way to run a business and a great way to alienate the repeat customer base.

Daniel,

I've heard that they won't even seat you if you have less than 3 or 4 people. Instead of having a sure thing of two people patronizing their establishment buying food and drink, they would rather wait for 3-4 people to show and run the risk of seating no one at those tables.

That is a pretty damn stupid way to run a business and a great way to alienate the repeat customer base.

They do have a few two tops. But the place is so small they only have 4 four top tables in the middle and a couple of larger tables at the front. And about 6-7 bar tables in the back.

Also now being the only smoking place in DC. They are packed all the time. So they can afford to wait for 4 ppl to sit a table. I used to love this place, WAY to busy now. But I still go there from time to time.

Just wanted to chime in with some positive notes about Landsdowne. Whereas Shelly's is/was a great bar to hang out and smoke I always enjoyed sitting and relaxing at Landsdowne. Wonderfully comfortable and rarely crowded.

Attached pic is n2 and me ... apparently on a Saturday as I can discern the band in the background.

Couple of decent single malts on the menu as I recall as well....

PICT1305.sized.jpg

I forgot all about that pic.

I've gone to "Stonewalls" at Lansdowne a bunch of time and never had a problem not getting service. Drinks are pricey (and the Scotch was short if I remember) but it's cozy if you get the leather chairs.

~Mark

Those BIG ass leather chairs are great for smokin. I have been there a few times, and never a bad time.

And it is located just off of Rt. 7 neer Leesburg, Va.