• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shiner Brewery

sonuvabum

Boobies...'cause I likes 'em
Visited the Shiner Brewery Tuesday. Had a good time and drank some really fresh beer. :thumbs:

The brewery is really not on the way 'To' anywhere but it is worth the trip. The production floor was pretty cool to see. We tried some of their latest brew, '102' and it was pretty tasty.

I got one of my nagging questions answered. For you fans of Shiner beers out there, there is a variety 6 pak that they sell called Family Tradition (or something like that) and is just what it sounds like, 6 different bottled brews, Bock, Dark, Blonde, Hefe, and a couple others. Lately, one of the others has been Kosmos, named after the original brewmaster who first brought the old Bavarian ways to brewing beer in Shiner, Texas. It's a great beer but you can't buy a six pack. Only one in the variety pak. They say they can't do the 6's because of the way the craft beer is brewed. It can't be mass produced, so this is how they spread it around. Pity. If you get a chance to try one, don't pass it up.

Another couple of interesting facts about Shiner Beers; Shiner is now sold in 38 states. Didn't know that. I knew they had expanded their production and distribution but when you consider everything they produce comes from right there, and when you look at the footprint of the facility, you have to be impressed. Also, with all the brands they produce now, Shiner Bock is still 80% of total production.

If you ever find yourself down around Houston or San Antonio, consider a trip to the brewery. We had a good time. If you like beer, you'll probably enjoy it too.

G-

Thanks for the review, definitely looking forward to taking a trip up there next April ;) Is there a cost to get into the brewery?

My beer fridge usually has the remnants of six packs of Shiner Black, Bock, and Light Blonde in the door. Something for everybody.

Shiner Bock is my all time Fav beer, and I can get real Bock her in Belgium.
Black is my all time 2nd fav beer...

Tim

Thanks Gary. You've gotten my interest. Any idea if PA is one of the lucky 38?

This summer's Shiner 'Ruby Redbird' was fantastic! :thumbs:

I've been through Shiner on the way back from La Grange before, but didn't have time to stop for the tour. Next time I'll make a point of it.

I love Bock and Black, but my all time favorite was the #98, Bavarian Amber, a couple years back. Hands down one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

~Boar

Boar,

you are correct that was an outstanding beer!

I keep asking my Class 6 here in Brussels to order me some Shiner, but they say the cant for one person.

Tim