• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shiner Smokehouse

Ketchtwenty2

CigarPass Class of '08 Valedictorian
I got a nice six pack gift set from a good friend in Texas. I love a lot of Shiner's products. This sat in my fridge for a few weeks.

I sat down to watch the game and have a Padron. I poured this into a frosted glass.

Wow

I am usually skeptical about infusions and the like...

This is exceptionally good beer. It actually reminds you of a good steak..in a good way. I am really impressed. Has anyone else tried it? I am interested in your opinions?

I think it is Mesquite smoked malt. I like smoked beers, so I thought the smoke was a little weak. Try an Aecht Schlenkerla or Alaskan Smoked Porter if you can get it. That's some smoke!

I have never had a smoked beer... It sounds like something I'd enjoy, but it also sounds like it could make for a pretty nasty beer if not done just right.

I need to try to find this. I haven't heard of the Shiner Smokehouse and I live in TX... :laugh: . Guess I need to run to the store.

I'll agree that the smoke is pretty weak in this but it is noticeable. I thought this was in their normal distribution but I guess not. Not sure if my local beer store still has this since I usually pass by the Shiner section.

Haven't seen this one here. Did see Shiner Frost at the store the other day, though. Anyone got an opinion on that? Almost picked it up...

The Smokehouse isn't bad, but there are much better smoked beers out there.

As mentioned by Aventinus, try the Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier. It rules supreme and will blow this Shiner version out of the water.....though a bit more pricey :)
[font="arial][size="3"]
[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="3"]Though it was cheap and plentiful when I lived in the city it is made for 3 years, Bamberg....greatest beer city in the world.[/size][/font]